Makeup Artist

Wardrobe

Grips

Editors

Producer

Boom Op

Set Decorator

Crafty

First Line: Is this an I want a job or I want to hire ad?

Second Line: So what goes on a PAs, Gaffer's Grips etc's Demo Reel????

BTW - This is a "SUB" Job.

8/30/12 Starts 9/1 ???

-----------------------------

NEEDED: Sound Crew/Boom Operator, Production Assistants

This is a Feature Length Film. Starts Filming Friday 9/1/12 - Thurs 9/6/12

Check Out the Website...If Interested Please email & I will explain all the details of what we need you... as well as Locations, etc

www.hellholemovie.com

This is a Low/No Budget Production & is NON - Paid...You will get film credits & we are listed on IMDB.

We hope to get into The Atlanta Film Festival & many others.

** we will also provide food/drinks on set.

Saw this thread, thought.. i wonder if the UK Mandy.com can rival that for the day, low and behold, first thing that comes up:

----------

I am presently looking for someone to help out with a documentary I am producing & co-directing. Unfortunately (and typically!) its unpaid, although we are in the process of getting funding so there could be some payback in the future.

If you're in the Hackney area of London (please do not apply if your either outside of London or unwilling to make trips here and there to places in and around London) and are looking to getting involved in a genuinely interesting documentary about British culture AND have some time on your hands please get in touch.

You will need your own kit - radio mics, a decent mic (Sennheiser 416 or better) and a mixer so again only get in touch if you have this type equipment.

Please contact me -

*email edited out*

with your mobile number and email address in the body of the email and if you could also let me know where you're based that would be great

A few examples of recent projects or jobs along with general aspirations would be great too!

thanks very much!

Zara

co-director/producer

-----

Not even any mention of subway!

I love the cheek - won't offer any money, but wants to specify what gear you have to give for free, AND wants to critique your skill level to see if it is good enough for him not paying you!

Yea.... Not even a Tuna Tube (heh) would make that worth the hassle.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Our company will make a feature programme in your country, the theme is economy, culture, and tourism of your country ,we plan to make 20 episode , each of 25 minutes. Size: 16:9. Style: HD or XD cam Sony camera equipment. If you are interested, please reply ASAP.

Best wishes

Tel: 0086-13938522693 0086-371-56662823

Company Zhengzhou ying li technology co., LTD

Address: China Zhengzhou jinshui district zi jing shan road

Dear Sir or Madam:

Our company will make a feature programme in your country, the theme is economy, culture, and tourism of your country ,we plan to make 20 episode , each of 25 minutes. Size: 16:9. Style: HD or XD cam Sony camera equipment. If you are interested, please reply ASAP.

Best wishes

Tel: 0086-13938522693 0086-371-56662823

Company Zhengzhou ying li technology co., LTD

Address: China Zhengzhou jinshui district zi jing shan road

A friend of mine (a nice guy and a dreamer) responded to an email similar to this (maybe the exact same one, I don't know) and got all excited as the discussion continued about how they would send a director over here and they'd shoot all these videos, etc. They declared that they had a "well-known" Chinese TV personality on board.

When he wanted me to get involved, I told him to specify the up-front deposit we'd need prior to pre-production and that, if they did send anything, he should create a new bank account for just that deposit and we'd wait for it to completely clear prior to doing any work.

Somehow, the talks broke off.

A friend of mine (a nice guy and a dreamer) responded to an email similar to this (maybe the exact same one, I don't know) and got all excited as the discussion continued about how they would send a director over here and they'd shoot all these videos, etc. They declared that they had a "well-known" Chinese TV personality on board.

When he wanted me to get involved, I told him to specify the up-front deposit we'd need prior to pre-production and that, if they did send anything, he should create a new bank account for just that deposit and we'd wait for it to completely clear prior to doing any work.

Somehow, the talks broke off.

John, I'm surprised your friend even bothered to reply to that. The email address and the syntax was an instant giveaway for me, I knew that was a scam right away.

John, I'm surprised your friend even bothered to reply to that. The email address and the syntax was an instant giveaway for me, I knew that was a scam right away.

I hear you. I don't know if this was the one he replied to or not. If I recall, he had more details than this contains. I just know that he talked to me after he had been in contact with them and they had asked for a budget.

Here is one in Chicago, A student what ? I can't even pronounce it

Student Camarographer (Chicagoland)

Date: 2012-09-04, 5:20PM CDT

Reply to this post

I am an up and coming reporter looking to work on a couple of stand-ups and two packages for my demo reel. I don't, however, have the adequate camera/equipment. I'm not sure how much something like this could cost, but e-mail me with your asking price, and camera model and we can hopefully work something out!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: Negotiable

Why? Would you weep for video-grapher, photo-grapher, carto-grapher, cinemato-grapher? Is it just the juxtaposition of camaro-grapher that has you weeping? :(

Yes. Camaro-grapher has me weeping. Why not Cameragrapher instead, if not "camera operator"? Why aren't we audiographers? soundographers? phonographers (even though vinyl is phonograph)? recordographers, the list of bad made-up names goes on.

This one is AWESOME!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cwg/3257000237.html

--- Just in case it gets removed ---

Looking for experienced surgeon to perform brain surgery. Need a tumor removed from my brain. Please come with your own anesthesiologist and operating room.

Since I can't afford to pay you the normal rate (I'm paying for this out of my pocket) that means I am entitled to get your services for next to nothing. Besides, it's a labor of love, and will look great on your resume. It will be a lot of fun. I am offering IMDB credits, and a copy of my x-rays and MRI's. I will also recommend your services to all my deadbeat friends, who also have no money.

This is an internship position. That means I don't have to pay you anything, and you should be happy to work for the experience. But there is the possibility of future surgery.

Serious inquiries only, and minimum 10 years experience required. Be prepared to perform an unpaid test to demonstrate abilities.

Meals provided. Do you want fries with that?

---

I didn't write it.. but it's funny

-Richard

And if pay isn't low enough for the recordist, check out the boom op pay:

Location Sound recordist for a short film. 2 days (Setp15th, 2012 - Sept.16, 2012). Locations include apartment, lobby of an ad agency, studio, and city street. $175/day (if we provide boom op) or $200/day if not.