pin outs to remote roll a 788 from a cooper 208

rich

i am in the midst of making up a digital input cable for a 788 and want to make use of the remote roll feature of a cooper 208 (not mine, otherwise i could get a voltmeter to it) and am struggling to work out from the cooper manual how i should wire the logic in and ground connection from the 788 to the TA5 on the back of the cooper.

the pin outs are

pin 1 = -10v (nagra)

pin 2 = stop (nagra)

pin 3 = pause stop (dat)

pin 4 = common (dat)

pin 5 = record (dat)

but i cannot find any info anywhere about which i should connect to pin 9 on the 788 DB15

i guess it would be either TA5 pin 5 to DB15 pin 9 and TA5 pin 4 to DB15 6 and 7

or TA5 pin 1 to DB15 pin 9

ideally, and unhelpfully, i would like to use this on the job i am assisting on tomorrow, and its a bank holiday, so can only ask your good selves right now. though i will post this to sound devices in tha hope they have some info.

thanks

thanks Matt.

also spoke with Forrest at Trew in LA.

he suggested pins 1 and 2, and that which wire went where didnt make any difference, though i have gone for ground to pin 1 and logic in to pin 2. though Forrest did warn that it may work the opposite way around from how it was intended - roll light off will trigger the 788 to record.

so will see how it works out in an hour or 2.

and thanks Graham, if it doesnt work today, i will call Gotham and ask them how they got it to work.

thanks

thanks Matt.

also spoke with Forrest at Trew in LA.

he suggested pins 1 and 2, and that which wire went where didnt make any difference, though i have gone for ground to pin 1 and logic in to pin 2. though Forrest did warn that it may work the opposite way around from how it was intended - roll light off will trigger the 788 to record.

so will see how it works out in an hour or 2.

and thanks Graham, if it doesnt work today, i will call Gotham and ask them how they got it to work.

thanks

Yeah, I was wondering if the output being -10v would make any difference. I would put ground to ground and the voltage to the Input pin.

As Forrest said, it worked, but the switch works backwards, so i am hoping that either he can provide info for the modification needed to the cooper, or SD can add an option for how the logic in works on the 788 - currently it is low voltage to record and high voltage to cut.

i did check with Forrest, and he said that whichever way i wired the TA5 (signal to pin 1 or pin 2) would make no difference to how the switch worked.

at Matt Mayers suggestion (on the SD user group) i tried ground to pin 4 and Logic in to pin 5.

now, with the 788 set to toggle in the logic menu, when you push the remote roll up, the 788 goes into record, only thing is the you have to push the remote roll switch up again to cut the 788. and as we are using a V1 cooper, i cannot easily (that i am aware of anyway) change the remote roll output between momentary and latching on the cooper. but at least the current configuration is a lot closer to how the cooper remote roll was intended to work.