Sound Cart Version 4

Alan

• 1 month later...

is your Sennheiser rack transmitter mono or stereo? I`m using a stereo one and have noticed some difficulties with the range. when I switch to mono mode it gets much better. But I wanna use it with the 2 channel mode ( one for the boomops, the other for Dir., VVillage etc.).

Are you happy with the range of your system?

Matthias

Phil,

Many Yamaha boards feature the mlan upgrade slot. It also accommodates many other i/o options including 16ch analog, 16ch AES/ebu (25 pin d-sub), adat, and even effects procs. The 01x is the smallest and least expensive I believe. Also, I'm fairly sure that this is the board in question.

is your Sennheiser rack transmitter mono or stereo? I`m using a stereo one and have noticed some difficulties with the range. when I switch to mono mode it gets much better. But I wanna use it with the 2 channel mode ( one for the boomops, the other for Dir., VVillage etc.).

Are you happy with the range of your system?

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

I did not notice any range problem with the IEM300, both stereo or mono, maybe I'm close to the video village, director and scripty. My boom op uses the SD-MM1 and wireless to me on a UM400, so I do not

need an IEM for him.

Alan

Alan,

This is such a clean, basic setup.  Love the Venue system!  Do you have any kind of portable DC battery/power on the cart?

Hi Alan Chang,

Thanks for your compliment, I have been using SLA battery and distribute the power thru the Remote Audio Hotbox and a BDS for some other devices.

Venue is great so far but I've decided to power it now with an external 16V/120W li-on laptop battery, but using a juicer on the SLA or inverter I'll have to lug around bigger SLA.

So the Venue on the Li-on, the rest on a 33AH SLA Battery, thats possible when using the AD147 mixer but not the 01X that you see in the picture. The 01X needs to see a 16V input so adding another regulator or Juicer on the 33AH SLA will squeeze it dry in no time.

The only reason I need a Juicer now is for the PD6. For my FR2 and HHB, I basically eliminated all the Juicers.

I use to lug around an 80AH SLA but.......now a 33AH :) and adopt a KISS theory, I'm a mixer that hate tapping power from Geny, so I try to be as self contain and when I move, I just move.

Alan

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan,

I would like to ask you which model of Clamp do you use

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1628.0;attach=641;image

Thanks,

Vidman

Vidman and James,

I bought the clamps during a trip to China, not sure what clamps they are but they serve my purpose. Will find out for you. I manage to locate these clamps in my country too.

James the patch panel can be found in SLS (Coastal Electronics), just ask for ready made panel and choose the connectors you wanna mount on it.

Alan

If you are in the usa then take a look at

www.amvona.com

they do all sorts of grip style stuff. It seems to be chinese copies of Matthews style stuff, but at very good prices. I bought from the US shipped to the UK and it was considerably cheaper than buying locally. Crazy world!!

HNY to all,

simon b