L.A. Sound Mixer Gathering - What it is, what it is not

Jeff Wexler

Our options, if we choose to refuse any vendors generosity, are for me to setup a PayPal link and have everyone pay $50+ dollars up front, or we can always go to the park and bring several 24 packs of bud-light and cook our own food on the publicly provided BBQ grills.

Subway Tunas for all will only cost $8 each! I'll skip the Bud and will go for Pepsi, please.

Glad to hear everything has worked out. I think Jeff was concerned about the word "sponsor," and if you delete that word, really, this is no different from the NAB RAMPS get-togethers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All!

Not sure if I can attend &/or am invited-have a Hollenbeck Burrito, at Many's, scheduled for that time and day, but would like to "socialize" some of my new, closest friends. Will there be additional security and who is delivering the keynote address, please?

Thank you very much

Fury

Couldn't figure out if this is going on at Gordon Biersch or Golden Road or a park somewhere. Either way I was recording a drag queen show at Viper Room last night, didn't get in 'til 5am and woke up with a slight hangover. So I probably won't even be mobile until the fun is almost over. But I'll try! If I miss it, I hope everyone has fun!

I think everyone had a great time --- I know I did! Lots of good talk, good food, a chance to see a lot of old friends. A big thank you goes out to Michael Miramontes for the original idea and for organizing everything, to Rich Topham's incredible generosity, taking care of the great food and drink and his donation to JWSOUND!

Loved seeing many 'old' friends and meeting new ones! Thanks to Michael for lighting the fuse, Jeff for this site and all he brings to this community, Rich for the food and beer and Whit for his handling the raffle give away and his lovely wife Kathy administrating the guest list. A great time and looking forward to the next one.

post-273-0-62209700-1347215539.jpg

post-273-0-07916300-1347215564.jpg

What a great turn out for the LA sound community! Michael thanks for putting this together! Jeff this was a great gathering of the JW group! Glad I could be a part of it. Rich thank you very much for your generosity at the event from Pro Sound...And the Audio Dept and all of the other vendors and manufacturers that contributed. That was awesome. Great to meet everyone and hang out. Crew it was pleasure to meet you as well as everyone else. RDV was great to catch up after all the years from Super Mario Brothers from when we first met. Richard, and Mr Sharman, the Senator always a pleasure my friends... As well as John Cofffey, Glen Trew, Bartek, Coleman, Bud, Mark Alono, We had fun and a great time. Glad Kathy and I took a cab! Very nice that my wife jumped in and signed everyone in. I'm blessed with a wife and mate that loves this biz and all of us sound geeks. Again great to meet everyone and what a blast. Looking forward to the Vegas gathering in the Spring at NAb and hopefully this one in the Fall again. Kathy and I will be back for the Fall work.

RDV .... I can not seem to get rid of that southern accent ... Born and bread a southern boy! Great to catch up and compare notes on some of the first digital recordings on location that you started on Super Mario Brothers.

Doug will have his payback for bringing up my birthday... His is in a week.. Nothing like that on a set!

I will put another post up on the contribute to JW sound thread... Jeff will never ask for this but I will... Everyone please contribute to the JW Sound Group so that we all can keep this group going. Jeff does a fantastic job with this site that we can all learn, hangout, and run with our thoughts, gear and ideas for our craft.

Also Rich from Pro Sound was very generous to Jeff for this group... Thanks again Rich for helping this group.

Do not mean to carry on too much but I think this group, and all the members contribute so much to our craft.

Cheers...Hopefully not being to sappy....

Whit

You were missed, Charlie, we'll do another and hope you can make it. Thanks for the swag for our raffle, and thank you, always, for your wonderful products and support.

Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your loss. You were missed my friend!

Cheers,

Whit

Thanks Jeff and Whit! I definitely plan to make it to the next one!

Charlie

I had a really great time and was glad we did this. I'd like to thank Rich Topham and his sister Ruthann for helping with the location and for being so generous by providing our food, drinks, t-shirts, hats, and gift cards. Rich, thank you..thank you...thank you.. Your generosity and contributions to our group will never be forgotten.

Also, if it wasn't for this site then most of us wouldn't even know each other so I'd like to thank Jeff for providing us a place to hang out and chat for a while. I know that if it wasn't for this site I probably wouldn't know most of the stuff I do about location recording so I will always be eternally grateful to Jeff.

Whit Norris also deserves mention for setting up our PA system. His wife also took over checking everyone in and handing out the raffle tickets and gift cards. I wasn't expecting them to help out as much as they did so I'm grateful and honored to have met them.

Glen Trew was another contributor and had brought some swag that was appreciated very much by our group. Thanks a lot Glen for hanging out with us for the day.

Gene Martin from Audio Department had also donated a few gift cards for free cables and plenty of Sound Guy Solutions swag. Thanks a lot Gene for all your support!

David White had also shown up and gave out 3 gift certificates towards his stellar repair service. I’m sure the winners of those certificates will certainly appreciate having them. Thanks a lot David!

A special thanks must be given to all those vendors who donated swag and for making our raffle a great one.

Sennheiser-shirts

Sanken

Olsen Audio Group

Sound Guys Solutions

Redding Audio

Neopax

Petrol

Schoeps

Denecke

If I had missed anyone then please forgive me. I’m only human.

Again, thanks a lot to everyone that came and for making this event a success.