Sanken CS3e RF interference

CDMcQuillan

Hi all,

I have an older Sanken CS3e and I am picking up a lot of RF interference when it it held next to electrical appliances particularly florescent tube lights. There seems to be little to none Interference when the rear of the mic is pointing at a light but if the mic is parallel or pointing at the light then there is a considerable (completely unusable) amount of interference. We were using it along side a newer CS3e which didn't suffer from this problem, which leads me to believe that there is a problem with mine. I am aware that there is a modification for older CS3e, which I did, but it had no effect on reducing the amount of RFI I was getting. If the light is moved along the mic there seems to be a greater amount of interference at the front of the mic then the rear. I was just wondering if anyone else had suffered a similar problem with CS3e's. I suspect its going to have to go for a holiday in Japan!

Many thanks

Chris McQuillan

In this thread:

There's a response to a query by me that points to this "Sanken CS-3e March 2010 service bulletin for microphones with serial number 2791 and below."

http://www.plus24.net/sanken/support/CS-3eModificationMay2010.pdf

And a few JWS posters said that since that mod, they haven't had RFI problems with their CS3e mics...

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I don't have the ECM XLR connections but when we tested the newer CS3e we used the same cables/TX unit and the newer mic didn't suffer from any RF, which leads me to believe there is a fault on the mic somewhere.

My Mic is below the 2791 serial number, but I have done the mod and there was no difference, again leading me to believe there is a fault on the mic.