Comtek 72-b f frequency and 25 freq.

postaudio

Hi,

I've been using comtek pr 72-b (25 frequency) to send TC to a timecode slate. It was working fine. I got an old comtek (freq F) that I tried to use but whenever I have the Freq 25 (as TC Tx), I don't hear anything from the Freq F comtek except noise. It seemed to interfered a lot whenever I have the 2 units on at the same time. Any ideas?

I know these are so old and I should get new ones but they are expensive...

Any suggestions other than buying a new set?

Thanks.

Ok my bad I guess I am not clear about it.

I have one of the comtek working with the time code slate. The second comtek I have connected to my mixer. I can hear everything fine until I turned on my time code slate comtek. As soon as I turned that on, I get noise. When I turned it off, it's back to normal.

Both are on different frequency. F and 25.

I don't really understand why.

Let me know if that make sense.

Thanks.

With the 72MHz units, Channel F is at 75.500 MHz.

From what I see, the only Channel 25 I can find is at 216.6125 MHz. There is a 5-25 channel at 78.600 MHz, and a 6-25 channel at 84.600 MHz. It's possible you have one of those, and maybe a harmonic is knocking out Channel F. I'd guess the only choice is to get a different crystal with a different frequency.