timecode to Edirol R-09

Ferdi

Kinda depends on what he wants to do with the files when all is over.  If they are going to a transcription house, it would be best to check with them and see where they like the levels...one NYC house likes TC no lower than -6 and audio about the same!  Is the producer going to label the files, make note of the file size, do the uploading, etc? 

In addition, since the levels can't be adjusted separately, you will have to either pad the TC down to mic or get your audio in from a line level source. 

Audio in is on a mini plug, so be sure it is seated properly, and not able to be bumped or moved while recording!!!

cleve

Cleve,

I have never done a double system recording before. They do want it fot transcription, so I just just going my audio from one of the XLR out at line level off my mixer (wendt X5) and try to sent the tc via wirelles from the camera to the Edirol R-09.

Would that work?

Thanks,

Fd

That should work just fine...but it is important that you or someone find out the tech specs from the transcription house...I have seen TC levels all over the place.  TA in NYC likes it between -3 and -6 and audio peaks about the same level.  But we used to send it with TC at -12 to -20 and they never said anything.  Seems they were re-recording it in house, adding time to turning around the transcriptions. 

The producer may have the software and folks in-house to do the transcription....dunno???

It will take a Y cable with mini-stereo in.  I may be stating the oh so obvious, and if so I apologize, but the mini plugs are a pain and you have to be careful with them and the R9!  I like having the mini in be a right angle if you have it. 

For what it does, it is a very good little machine.  Just make sure it is set for the lowest level of MP3 recording, so the file size does not get out of hand.  And if the battery logo starts to blink, you don't have a lot of battery power left...