Sound Devices 664

Brian Maier

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see sd release sound recording specific new products. I would like to see the price point as well. The most obvious upgrade from nomad is visibility of the screen, f it s as advertised. I m still super happy with my nomad at the moment now and the zaxnet features are hard to beat. A new 302 with similar features would be something i would buy more than this one. Good job sd anyways. Love to see you guys stick around for us.

+1 on the "333"!

I wonder how you input the meta data.

Interesting. There is no USB port either. There is a "COM" port on the bottom, and I don't know what that is for. The tracks in the demo pictures are not labelled, so who knows. To completely guess, either you don't (and that sets apart the 788T), or SD has something in the works.

At $4,000 this destroys the 744T. In terms of features, it shakes up the 788T that costs $2000-$2500 more. The 788T offers things that this doesn't (like a big internal drive), but this has to divert some buyers that would have gone for the 788T.

Edited by johnpaul215

Interesting. There is no USB port either. There is a "COM" port on the bottom, and I don't know what that is for. The tracks in the demo pictures are not labelled, so who knows. To completely guess, either you don't (and that sets apart the 788T), or SD has something in the works.

At $4,000 this destroys the 744T. In terms of features, it shakes up the 788T that costs $2000-$2500 more. The 788T offers things that this doesn't (like a big internal drive), but this has to divert some buyers that would have gone for the 788T.

There is a port next to the media card slots.