• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael, so you know. The transmitter types get updated by checking a server online. No update is required for that. You should see the TV transmitter type now.

Great, thanks. Although there are no compatible channels for the TV transmitters amongst my wireless. If I start with the TV transmitters, I can get wireless units to show compatible channels, but I would have to start over. Maybe after we wrap, I'll look further into re-coordinating all my channels.

An idea for a FreqFinder upgrade... I would love to be able to add multiple wireless in one shot. Under the "+" section have an option to add one channel or multiple. Similar to DAW software when you want to add new tracks you can add just one or select an option to add X number of channels. It could be taken a step further and automatically select good channels for that batch of wireless out of the list.

Perhaps have those options be an in-app upgrade for a couple bucks. Some people will find it worthwhile while others only have a couple wireless to deal with at any given time so the multiple channel option may not be worth it to them.

I have a request. Block 23 has some frequency restrictions because of shared frequencies with emergency services. My Lectro tx in block 23 are missing frequencies between 608 and 614. Can you please disable these in North America? I was unaware of the restrictions when I purchased the block 23 equipment and when trying to program my tx to clear unmodulated frequencies I went into this restricted area because it was very free of interference. Dialled up the freq on freq finder and zapped the smqv to a frequency I thought was ok and then the tx stopped working. I nearly shat my pants lol. I was in the middle of shooting and was taking hits on that particular tx and ran in to do a quick freq tune and then no signal on the tx. I thought it was broken or? The tx will change to a disabled freq and then just not transmit. Its a little annoying that the vrts still scan and show the unavailable freqs and so maybe to help avoid confusion while in the heat of battle you could disable those frequencies?

Thanks,

Graham

Re: Matthew

Is a dialog box necessary for adding multiple transmitters if you can rapid fire the "Add" button (as a matter of UI complexity)? I've been considering making the add button do a very simple, "automatically choose the lowest compatible channel". Note also that the add button copies the TX type and band of the last selected transmitter. I wouldn't charge for a beneficial improvement to core functionality and at the same time, I'd like to keep the UI consistent between users.

Re: Graham

I'm sorry that you were misled about the Block 23 channels. The reason why I have kept the banned channels in is because users outside of the US do need those channels. I do have some ideas on how to improve the channel lists (e.g for customization purposes), though, which should address your concern. Look for them in future updates.

Hi James,

Thanks for giving us European users the possibility to enter Custom Channel frequencies!

(For not understanding Americans: on our pop-up keyboard appears a Comma instead of your Period. In the new version FreqFinder handles this comma the same as a Period)

Regards, Gertjan.

Thank you for the Android update! Glad the location look up function is now included!

It is a bummer that by updating I lost all my previously saved transmitter lists. Not sure if that is normal or just a bug on my phone/software (htc evo 4g, rooted 2.3, custom ROM)

Thanks again new endian!

I have a request. Block 23 has some frequency restrictions because of shared frequencies with emergency services. [snip]

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham,

Actually those frequencies are reserved by the FCC for radio telescopes. Canada also prohibits their use. Other countries informally prohibit their use, some don't. Here's more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_37

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Thanks James,

The new look is very nice. I did NOT lose my transmitter list after today's update!

A few suggestions:

- display the current location setting in the title bar, maybe on the far right side, so there's a reminder of what location you're looking at.

- allow the text/row size to be set smaller to allow more transmitters to be all seen without scrolling.

Keep up the good work!

Anybody else having the iPhone app crash out when you try for the in-app purchase? It presents the pop-up message, but when I click on the "purchase" button, it thinks for about 3 seconds and just drops back out of the app to the 'desktop' of icons. No charge, no success.

Yes, Spamator, I did 'hat' and haven't heard back yet. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this glitch.

Yep. I walked into work on my prep day before a big reality gig, ready to whip out my phone and make short work of coordinating 22 channels only to find the list gone. Not great, but I still got the coordination done speedily and production reserved a full day so I had time. In a pinch that could have hurt, but .... stuff happens. Let's just say my hard copy is up to date now too.

The good outweighs this little oops. This app is so helpful. Keep up the good work.

The ability to disable but not delete channels would be nice for having more intermod free choices. I have a few channels that get used once a month that this would be great for. (=

Thanks again! Excellent product.

Hey folks, I'm trying to solve this problem with iOS5 users crashing when trying to purchase the TVDB add-on. I'm having a hard time replicating it. If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Has anyone with iOS5 been successful purchasing the TVDB add-on?

- Has anyone with iOS6 had a problem purchasing the TVDB add-on?

- Is there anyone who is still not seeing the TV Database Add-on available in the In-App Purchases part of the Options menu after updating to version 2.02?

- Has anyone who had the problem found that it has somehow been solved, and under what circumstances?

Thank you. This is a particularly tricky problem as it involves user accounts that I have limited access to.

And in case anyone is wondering, import/export TX lists is next on the list for iOS and Android users.

Hi James,

Just downloaded the TVDB to an iphone 3GS running version 5.1.1. No hiccups, and contrary to the warning about it only working in the US, it seems to be working properly in Vancouver, Canada. Is it feeding off a US database, or have you included Vancouver in your implementation?

cheers,

Brent Calkin

Hey folks, I'm trying to solve this problem with iOS5 users crashing when trying to purchase the TVDB add-on. I'm having a hard time replicating it. If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Has anyone with iOS5 been successful purchasing the TVDB add-on?

- Has anyone with iOS6 had a problem purchasing the TVDB add-on?

- Is there anyone who is still not seeing the TV Database Add-on available in the In-App Purchases part of the Options menu after updating to version 2.02?

- Has anyone who had the problem found that it has somehow been solved, and under what circumstances?

Hi James,

Just downloaded the TVDB to an iphone 3GS running version 5.1.1. No hiccups

Good information. Seems the only iOS 5.1.1 user (I'm aware of) that had this problem was trying to hack the in-app purchase system. (I know it was none of you. I trust that you guys would tell me if you thought any particular pricing was unfair.) Nevertheless, everyone else has been iOS 5.0.1. It seems important now to also distinguish between versions of iOS 5.