James, I just want to say thanks for your help. I had a problem with the latest Android patch on Ice Cream Sandwich wiping data last night (separate from the update data wipe), contacted James on this forum and by this morning, he had it fixed and ready for download on the Android market. Bugs suck, but that turnaround is amazing. Thanks, James.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have iOS 6 on a iPhone 5 and I was successfully purchased the TV add on.

Ditto... got the app installed and immediately bought/installed the add-on. I will say that for you guys who don't have a bunch of wireless sets, but DO have several Lectros that don't scan... you should have a Sennheiser G2 or G3 RX in your bag... just to use as a scanner. This app suggested frequencies that were on my hard list as vacancies... and my Lectros were acceptable on those frequencies... but I had some low-level static... so I grabbed the G2 RX and did a quick scan... then set my Lectro to the frequency the G2 suggested as clear. Worked like a charm.

I'm still a fan of this app... and of the specialized help it can provide... as well as saving me from keeping paper lists... but for me, it's going to be a tool that works with location scanning... and re-scanning for clear frequencies as I turn on additional TX. The app was helpful... especially in organizing the pairs... and of course charting modulation prevention... but I didn't end up using frequencies that the app said were "best"... I had a mix of frequencies much farther down the list for the cleanest signals.

Agreed: definitely use FreqFinder in conduction with an analyzer. The add-on can only tell you of extraneous transmission from registered TV sites. At the same time, the add-on can tell you which channels are better in the lowest range that a scanner can't detect.

Out of curiosity, which Lectro receivers don't have a scan function?

Hey Richard. Would you tell me what version number you were running and have updated to?

To be clear, all updates from before version 1.35 will have their data reset upon updating.

I am currently working on an Import/Export feature. It will make this less of an issue and it will also allow users to share lists. The files will be in human readable xml format. It will allow users to more flexibly alter their transmitter settings and add custom transmitter types.

Agreed: definitely use FreqFinder in conduction with an analyzer. The add-on can only tell you of extraneous transmission from registered TV sites. At the same time, the add-on can tell you which channels are better in the lowest range that a scanner can't detect.

Out of curiosity, which Lectro receivers don't have a scan function?

I'm using older Lectro 200 series and some Lectro 100s... (that's why I qualified my statement with, "for you guys who have Lectro that don't have the scan function".

I hope I didn't give the impression that I'm not impressed with your app. I am... and I understand it's a niche product for soundies, but in my first use, the frequencies that worked the best weren't the ones the app said would be the best (although they were on the list... just not listed as "best" or even "ok".) I expect that my main benefit of the app will be in keeping 7+ wireless sets organized... and when I do have to switch frequencies... using it as a guideline... plus re-organizing the sets again. I like how it lists them out in order... and if I need to change a frequency I get a baseline plus input for all the other TX as they're changed.

For some reason I initially locked onto the terminology of the app... stating "best" and thought I had better choose only from that list... since there were so many on there, but each time I started in the "best" frequency choices... my scan told me not to be in there. So it wasn't a bash on the product... just a head's up for anybody else like me that finds this thread and doesn't have higher-end Lectro. The main point was the tip of using a G2-G3 for a scanner... in conjunction with this app... (which doesn't apply if your Lecto has scanning, because you're going to use that).

I may very well be the only guy in the thread that isn't using 211, 401, 411, and up Lectro.

• 2 weeks later...