• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi James,

It is working great on my Galaxy S4.  I did notice one thing.  If I email my Freq. Coordination List to myself the list shows up in the body of the email properly but there is also a file attached to the email with a ffx extension that I am not able to open up.  Probably not something as user I am concerned about but just thought I'd mention it.

Andy

The menu button should function after pressing the globe icon. There's no need for the menu button in the TX list screen. I just haven't gotten to updating the user interface for the TVDB section. The "Current Location" button isn't configurable because it uses location services (gps, wifi, cell) to determine your location.

Updated today and working fine on Galaxy S4.

Also imported list via email for first time ever and it worked first time.

I had never worked out how to do this, and only figured it due to this thread over the last day or two.

Is there somewhere we can find operating instructions?

I have looked, but can't find anything, even on your website.

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to say, generating a manual for FreqFinder is at the very end of my to-do list, literally. Right now, FreqFinder is still continuing to be improved upon. This last update alone changed a large portion of the user interface. Writing and rewriting a manual would just be time taken away from improving the app itself. The other main reason is that if the mechanisms for using FreqFinder aren't intuitive on their own, then I need to change how they work. I am always happy to hear from my users (newendian@gmail.com). Answering questions and hearing comments or concerns helps me to learn what people want from the app and how they use it. And it definitely directs how I continue development. I hope that that is acceptable to you, and do know that I consider my relationship with my users a very important part of the development of my apps.

Best,

James

Thanks James,

I appreciate that your priority is to improving and working on the App itself, and I commend you for that.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something out there.

I had successfully shared my info with evernote, but hadn't worked out how to get that info back into FreqFinder when that info disappeared while updating.

I was missing the step to send that info to my email, that I could then import it into the FreqFinder app.

Is this the best way to do this, or is there a more sensible method?

Cheers,

Phil

Email is the best way Phil. Though it seems that I actually had missed something when it came to import/export, because importing from some programs (probably evernote included) requires an extra permission to read data from external storage. I added that permission to this update and I'd be interested to know if opening the file from Evernote works better now.

Best,

James

I have just updated S4 and Asus Trio again. Neither seem able to import lists even via email now.

When I try to share url in evernote, FreqFinder is not given as an option, which is what I am hoping will happen eventually.

Interestingly Trio is giving heading of default profile, and tx profile, whereas S4 headings are tx list, and new profile.

I presume each device is now on different versions?

Cheers,

Phil

Hi James,

Looks like I have taken over this thread.. this is my last post at this time.

Just to report that both devices have just imported a new list direct from evernote.

I think I have the operating system sussed at last!

Thanks for all your good work once more!

Both devices running on 1.73 now!

Phil