what type of connector on sony wireless?

bassmagnetic

Hello all,

Firstly, I have been looking around here for quite a few months and would like to thank everyone here for all the invaluable information shared, I have learnt loads and have solved many issues due to peoples generosity in this group.....

I've got this old sony wireless kicking around and now want to use as a wireless hop so need to make a cable....

Been looking through all the connectors and can't find a similar one, I think it's a hirose? anyone know the type / catalogue name? I'm in the UK

post-5920-0-27393100-1347691993.jpg

Its a UTX-B1, I've googled and googled but can't find out which hirose model number it is... I suspect it is either HR11 or RM12?

can't find any wiring diagram for the pins either....

Pin 1 is usually the ground in most multi pin connectors. If the tx input is wired balanced then the normal 1=ground, 2=positive & 3=negative is a good place to start. If it's wired unbalanced at the input use the same wiring at the tx input but wire the XLR-F that connects to the mixer output as follows: Pins 1 & 3=ground, pin 2=positive.

Eric

• 5 years later...

The male connector is a Sony SMC-9-4P.  If you're after one, buy the mic, throw it away and keep the connector.   Then your could probably put something REALLY beautiful on it like a Voice Technologies VT401.  Then check the videos out of the 2018 Oscars and Golden Globes and you might just be able to see the 1.7mm VT401.  They were used there, but definitely not into a Sony, most likely Lectro.  And for that matter the smart Sound Sup DID NOT use a Sanken COS11D.

• 2 years later...
On 9/19/2012 at 8:47 PM, bassmagnetic said:

Found it!

Hirose: KMC9BPD-4P(71)

in case anyone ever needs to find one sometime, bit tricky to find.... thanks for the wiring, I'll give it a go....

Man thank you I have been trying to find this connector for years! I also have the sony UTX-B1

• 3 weeks later...

looks like the KMC9BPD-4P(71) is discontinued

Anyone knows if this is the correct replacement?

https://www.digikey.pl/products/pl?keywords=KMC9BPD-4P(31)

EDIT: I have this now

https://www.mouser.com/PCN/Hirose_Electric_430_18008.pdf

and in the row #74 the replacement for KMC9BPD-4P(71) is KMC9BPD-4P(31)

Hirose_Electric_430_18008.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wondering if anyone has any leads on the wiring diagram for this Sony SMC9-4S to 3 pin XLR by any chance? I'm trying to make some cables for the S-02D to XLR for my field recorder.

Thanks in advance! :)

20 hours ago, resonate said:

Do you have the DWA-01D adapter? I'm not sure the Receiver outputs analogue signal without it. The output pin assignments are in the DWA-01D adapter manual.

You definetely need this bulky and heavy (and expensive) thing. Without it, there is only unbalanced output, and you mustn't run the S02D on 12 volts. In the DWA, there's a current converter to 7,2V.

That's why there's no such cable on the market. It get's better with the DWR-S03 because it's available for Unislot also. Which you can easily adapt.

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2020 at 3:56 AM, resonate said:

looks like the KMC9BPD-4P(71) is discontinued

Anyone knows if this is the correct replacement?

https://www.digikey.pl/products/pl?keywords=KMC9BPD-4P(31)

EDIT: I have this now

https://www.mouser.com/PCN/Hirose_Electric_430_18008.pdf

and in the row #74 the replacement for KMC9BPD-4P(71) is KMC9BPD-4P(31)

Hirose_Electric_430_18008.pdf 167.42 kB · 0 downloads

Can anybody else confirm this, have they tried out KMC9BPD-4P(31) and it works fine?

Are there any other alternative to the KMC9BPD-4P(31) that we can use that's compatible with the Sony DWT transmitters?

On 11/25/2022 at 7:08 AM, IronFilm said:

Are there any other alternative to the KMC9BPD-4P(31) that we can use that's compatible with the Sony DWT transmitters?

Iron, I see that you're based on the other side of the world, so maybe the following tip isn't an option for you, but anyway it will probably help others here:

Kortwich Filmtontechnik in Berlin helped us several times with Sony connectors. They built me great right angled versions ($$$) and even a solid adaptor to Lemo-3-Pin. They haven't it on their website, you have to phone or mail them.