Lectrosonics New Product Announcement

AudioSheik

Hello Boys and Girls!

Lectrosonics has exciting news!

The new SRB, the second generation of the oh-so-popular SRa will be coming in October.

What's so great about this new version?

1. New front end design for increased signal tracking and better range!

2. Dual Channels! (as with previous versions)

3. Old inventory of SRa and SRA5P's will go on sale October 1st! Contact your dealer for availability.

4. You can upgrade your existing SRa to the new SRB RF board for a small fee.

I hope this excites you as much as it excites us!

Thanks!

Christina Z Wittich

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[snip]

The new SRB, the second generation of the oh-so-popular SRa will be coming in October.

1. New front end design for increased signal tracking and better range!

2. Dual Channels! (as with previous versions)

3. Old inventory of SRa and SRA5P's will go on sale October 1st! Contact your dealer for availability.

4. You can upgrade your existing SRa to the new SRB RF board for a small fee.

[snip]

Thanks!

Christina Z Wittich

1. Just to be clear, the receiver is much improved but it is NOT a tracking front end. Many (and I mean lots) of changes were made to the front end, mixer, IF strip, IF filters and firmware. The receiver now handles multiple transmitter and overload situations much better. Sensitivity is also much improved. Some of these changes were originally made for the Block 606 units for England where there were range problems in the OctoPack. Some improvements have also quietly been made in SRa units shipping for the last few months. All the improvements are only in the SRb. We still have to get Canadian approvals since the Canadians no longer accept FCC approval. Canadians will have to wait an additional 30 days before they are available.

4. The $250 charge is the difference in the retail price of the SRa and the SRb. It involves the replacement of the entire RF board and is a bargain. Frankly, we want to improve the long term reputation of the SR receiver series, old or new. The upgrade will be at the factory or factory authorized warranty stations.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

So 606 units with the new board don't need the upgrade?

You've got 80% of the upgrade already. Me? I'd do it, but I'm a little nuts about such things.Salesmen see me coming and start planning the upsell along with how to spend the commission. It's not something that has to be done soon. We'll upgrade for at least a year.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

When can we start sending in units to be upgraded?

In early October call service and schedule an update. That way we can have the block specific boards ready when the units come in and can turn them around in a reasonable time. Otherwise, it takes 4 to 6 weeks from an order placed on production for them to build, align, and QC the RF boards.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

The $250 charge is the difference in the retail price of the SRa and the SRb. It involves the replacement of the entire RF board and is a bargain. Frankly, we want to improve the long term reputation of the SR receiver series, old or new.

That's fantastic, Larry. I applaud Lectro for giving users the ability to upgrade like this -- and I agree, this price is a bargain.

Ive purchased 3 SRa's since August. Is there a way to determine what if any of the upgrades have been implemented in my units?

Here is the word from production:

<<Hi Larry,

This will undoubtedly come up more and more -- and in fact it just did again in my email inbox -- so here is the information if you'd like to post a FAQ (knows all, sees all).

Start serial numbers for the "606" upgrades are:

SRA receivers: 105101 and up

SRA5P receivers: 65101 and up

SRA/E01 receivers: 2101 and up (Euro)

SRA5P/E01 receivers: 55101 and up (Euro)

This is not all-encompassing for true block 606 receivers, of course, because we sent several dozen block 606 subassemblies to England for retrofitting into problematic receivers. Those can be determined by visual inspection for presence of a label that reads "SRA-TR<XX>A" as opposed to "SR/E01-TR<XX>" on the RF subassembly.

If you need any other info, please let me know. The answer is yes, Pete has the upgrade.

Wes>>

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Larry, once an Sra unit is upgraded, is it somehow visually noticeable, for example a firmware version number on screen?

If done at the factory (recommended) the main case will be laser marked under the FCC logo with "SRb Upgrade". Done elsewhere it will have a label inside the bottom of the case saying the same thing. You will have to remove the two screws to pull off the adapter plate at the bottom to see it. If you want to make sure you aren't being scammed, remove the two upper screws on the case and check the board number. The 80% improvement RF board is 17378-K. The full SRb board is 17378-L.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro