Lectrosonics New Product Announcement

AudioSheik

The SRb has passed both Canadian testing and EU testing (all the test labs' personnel, came back from the holidays). We will be shipping Canadian units in a few days and Euro units a little later.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

That's OK Larry, we Brits are good at queuing, we can have a nice little chat with Canada while we stand patiently in line behind them! ::)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Larry,

then i have to wait for the components, i think Ambient recordings in Germany didn´t have them right now.

cheers

Some boards have been shipped to Euro dealers, with block 606 being the main ones. We are building second round of 500 boards. Will shortly start on third round. Finished SRb units are waiting on approval of Euro paperwork, i.e., rubber stamping by EU. Canadian units received the stamp of approval and are now shipping.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Some boards have been shipped to Euro dealers, with block 606 being the main ones. We are building second round of 500 boards. Will shortly start on third round. Finished SRb units are waiting on approval of Euro paperwork, i.e., rubber stamping by EU. Canadian units received the stamp of approval and are now shipping.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

dumb question, but is the upgrade also working for Block 24? I know that Block 606 is in Europe reserve for this Star watching Troopers :) . Or should i preorder the upgrades for my block at the distributors, cause they will just order Block 606 now. That was my last question Larry.

Cheers

dumb question, but is the upgrade also working for Block 24? I know that Block 606 is in Europe reserve for this Star watching Troopers :) . Or should i preorder the upgrades for my block at the distributors, cause they will just order Block 606 now. That was my last question Larry.

Cheers

Pre-order your block and get the dealer to order the boards. This gets your order into the system and we will build to it. I think this what you are asking. And ask away. There are dumb questions but this isn't one of them.

Cheers,

Larrry F

Lectro

By way of an update, Raycom has performed a number of SRB conversions now, and I have paid particular attention to the results. I must say it exceeded my expectations significantly. I am seeing approximately a 6dB improvement in receiver sensitivity. This equates to a doubling of range (bear in mind that this only applies in line of sight situations, in practical circumstances you may not see such a drastic increase in range). It's early days still, but as far as I can see this improvement in sensitivity is not at the cost of large signal handling or selectivity. Having studied the circuit changes on the schematic none of them would cause any degradation to these parameters, in fact are more likely to improve them. I am also seeing little or no interaction between RX1 and RX2 that in the past limited some combinations of frequencies, though I have not checked all possible combinations!

All in all I am very impressed with the huge step forward Lectro have taken in this update to their ever popular dual channel miniature slot RX.

We are getting regular shipments of SRB upgrade boards so get in touch if you would like to book yours in. The cost for the modification is £168+VAT and return shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's ''changing block of rx while doing the ''B-ing'' modification'' (they probably swap boards inside the rx so one block or the other is no extra trouble to do).

But you still gotta change your tx's blocks accordingly, too, and pay for that.

Well, that's what I understand and maybe I'm totally off-track...

• 1 month later...

.... Some improvements have also quietly been made in SRa units shipping for the last few months. All the improvements are only in the SRb.......

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

I'm currently being offered a late (above serial #105 ) SRa unit. What would the difference be to the SRb in practise (for bag use)?...ie you mentioned "You've got 80% of the upgrade already"... What would the missing 20% be?

...Re-reading the thread I've come across some more tidbits - The 80% improvement RF board is 17378-K

Is that board 6 or 4 layer?

Thanks

Dave

I'm currently being offered a late (above serial #105 ) SRa unit. What would the difference be to the SRb in practise (for bag use)?...ie you mentioned "You've got 80% of the upgrade already"... What would the missing 20% be?

...Re-reading the thread I've come across some more tidbits - The 80% improvement RF board is 17378-K

Is that board 6 or 4 layer?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Four layer on SRa and six layer on SRb and SRb upgrade.  I would still recommend spending the most reasonable sum of $250 to get the unit upgraded to an SRb. (The salesmen have gotten to me.) On the other hand, if funds are tight, the SRA+, is a pretty decent receiver and it can always be done later. We don't have a cutoff date on conversions and will post before we do. 

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Hi Dave,

Four layer on SRa and six layer on SRb and SRb upgrade.  I would still recommend spending the most reasonable sum of $250 to get the unit upgraded to an SRb. (The salesmen have gotten to me.) On the other hand, if funds are tight, the SRA+, is a pretty decent receiver and it can always be done later. We don't have a cutoff date on conversions and will post before we do. 

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

I was backwards on the six layer and four layer board and have changed my previous post. The "K" board is  4 layer. The "L" board is six layer and is the biggest contributor to the additional performance improvement. Sorry for my confusion.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Thanks for your response Larry. I'm still a bit confused as to whether the 'SRA+' has the six (L) or four layer (K) board.

Dave

The big change on the "B" was the six layer board plus putting the first if filter above the board and the second below, cutting IF crosstalk. The 6 layer board reduced birdies (internal RF leakage from multiple oscillators). SRa and SRa+ (block 606 type mods) are both 4 layer.

Sorry again for my addition to the confusion.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro