AudioSheik

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I bump this thread with a question. I currently own 2 sets of lectro 211/200c and I'm looking to get a third wireless. I still don't quite have the cash to get a 411/400 set (saving for a new mixer/recorder), but I was thinking about selling one 211 and getting an SRb and an additional 200c transmitter. Thoughts?

Thanks!

No plan on making a digital output SR or Venue ???? ???

That would be a totally different project. The SR series is made for camera slots, *ideally* using the cameras connections in the slot.

If you need digital, the D4 has been out for a while now and some people here seem very happy with it in the field.

I figured I bump this thread with a question. I currently own 2 sets of lectro 211/200c and I'm looking to get a third wireless. I still don't quite have the cash to get a 411/400 set (saving for a new mixer/recorder), but I was thinking about selling one 211 and getting an SRb and an additional 200c transmitter. Thoughts?

Thanks!

If you were to go the sr route, I would by a SM or UM 400. I believe you are able to set one channel in 200 mode and another in 400, although I've never done it.

Also, keep in mind that you may have issues mixing digital-hybrid and analog wireless to the same track. If, for example, 2 wires (one D and one A) that are in close proximity to each other (close enough to pickup the same sound source) will produce a comb-filtering effect. If you have a recorder/mixer that has a digital delay, you can dial in the 3ms delay to the analog wire to "fix" it.

JP

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Larry can you put the new SR receiver on the website? They doesn't say anythink about SRb. It's suggestion.

Best

Vasileios

We are just starting to build SRb's in final assembly. The web site will change soon, probably the end of this month.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

• 3 weeks later...

The talkback feature is interesting.

"A talkback feature is also included in the new receivers to work in conjunction with the HH handheld microphone transmitter. With the talkback feature engaged, one audio output is used for the standard signal feed. When the talkback button is pressed on the HH transmitter, the audio is routed to the second receiver output, which thus can be sent to an IFB (interruptible fold-back) system, a com desk, or anywhere else the user requires."

The talkback feature is interesting.

"A talkback feature is also included in the new receivers to work in conjunction with the HH handheld microphone transmitter. With the talkback feature engaged, one audio output is used for the standard signal feed. When the talkback button is pressed on the HH transmitter, the audio is routed to the second receiver output, which thus can be sent to an IFB (interruptible fold-back) system, a com desk, or anywhere else the user requires."

Also called "Private Line" on Zaxcom systems. A useful feature at times. What I'd really like to see on the HM is RM remote control capability, as I personally find remote control more relevant to my workflow.

Hey Simon, Joe from Lectro Canada tells me the SRbs are not yet approved by the authorities. Probably not until the New Year now. Gonna put an order in before yearend anyways, for tax time. Lectro suggests block 26 for Ottawa (my 411s are block 24). Any experience with block 26 in town? I think Marc has a block 26.

Hey Chris, yeah I heard the same thing from Joe a few weeks ago too. I guess I was hoping with the latest announcement maybe it had received approval. guess not.

All my wireless are in block 24. I have some IFB in block 22. All clean for me. hmmm, didn't know block 26 was supposed to be best in town. I haven't tried it. I did have block 21 - 195d's for years that worked well.

I'm thinking it's time we have another Soundie get together soon. I think it's been almost a year since our last one. Maybe I'll send out a group email to the usual local suspects. lol.

Thats good to know.

I know there is something right in the middle of block 24 consistently. It seems to be strongest around Parliament and the U.S. Embassy. Always wondered what it was. But it seems like a pretty narrow signal. no problem finding open, usable frequencies below and above that signal.