Boom Op feed - IFB T4 or what?

LC21

Hello,

I am a boom operator and I decided to invest on a good monitoring system for myself.

I need something with good freq range and excellent dynamic and I was thinking on investing on a Lectro IFB T4 Tx and a Lectro R1a receiver. I use Sony 7506 headphones.

I would really love to hear suggestions from someone who has previously boomed or even just supervised with this monitoring setup.

Thanks!

Libero

Not sure if you should have to buy it yourself if you're the boomie.....

I can understand wanting to hear what you're swinging with the highest fidelity. My feeling is the feed is really a guide and what you need to be concentrating on is the physical aspects of booming and any comments regarding your work that the mixer gives you.

Because your system would have to be integrated into an existing wireless system ( mixer own rf mic and ifb ), I would strongly suggest otherwise. Best solution for you then would be to buy a SOUND DEVICE MM1. You then listen directly to your boom and can use the Comtek ifb with the mixer for communication. Much heaped also.

My two cents

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I had a look around about the MM1 and it seems to me that mixers either use it on the actual signal path of the boom going to tape (that would require me adjusting the gain on behalf of the mixer from time to time) or just as personal hp gain on a dedicated line for me coming out of the mixer.

Being often wireless (both on the mic and hp's), I would need to add bulk with a rx on the belt.

I bumped into this fancy boom box system by remote audio, that has a talkback mic too.

http://www.remoteaud...able_system_v2/

I was wondering if anyone ever used it, wireless or not.

Thanks again!