Aaton Unveils the Delta Penelope Camera

At IBC this year, Aaton demonstrated a functioning Delta Penelope Digital Cinema Camera. The Delta Penelope project was first announced jointly with AbelCine at NAB 2010 as a “digital mag” upgrade to the Penelope Super-35 film camera. Since then, the camera has evolved into its own complete design, featuring a CCD (as opposed to CMOS) Super-35 sensor, an optical viewfinder with spinning mirror shutter, and Aaton’s famed ergonomic “cat on the shoulder” design.

http://blog.abelcine.com/2012/09/27/aaton-unveils-the-delta-penelope-camera/

Or http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/aaton-delta-penelope/

That's a pretty wild looking camera. Always interested with digital cameras that come from long established camera companies (like Arri and Aaton). From a cursory reading of the specs, it looks as if Aaton is doing quite a number of non-traditional and unique things with this digital offering.

post-1-0-52992700-1349116400_thumb.jpeg

I hope this is a big success for them. I love the craftsmanship of their products. Good people too.

Yeah, and they have been innovators all along.... especially their early embrace of timecode in their 16 and 35mm film cameras.

The Aaton TC system was awesome, and I was always happy with a slate-less TC doc-style workflow whenever it was on the agenda...

And the Cantar sure has it's devotees - I know it is a great recorder...

MF