The brandnew Tiny Lockit plus belated IBC video review

TimoK

Please let me introduce yout to the newest member of the Ambient Clockit Network family:

TinyLockit_02_45815907ef.png

First of all, it has Clockit Time Code generator of course and is made out of machined aluminum.

Except for the sync signal output, it comprises the full functionality of its big brother, including ACN (Ambient Clockit Network) support, metadata transfer and logging. This network capabilities also allow the Tiny Lockit to be a fully functional Timecode Transceiver. Therefor it is combining the stability of an Ambient Clockit Generator with the flexibility of a wireless TC system but without the fear of dropouts.

In addition it also has most features of the ALL601, such as variable time code output level for recording TC on audio track and time code conversion between LTC / MTC (via USB)

The user interface is just as easy to use as the ACL 204's.

Due to its smaller form factor it is especially suitable for applications on small cameras, but also on cameras or in setups where a sync signal is not required, it is a handy solution.

The Tiny Lockit will be available from January 2013

Have a look at the Tiny Lockit in our IBC video review:

[

We apologize for the bad sound quality,... it was spontanious and shot on a 7D and I think we all know about the brilliant sound capabilities of a DSLR... I hope you still can enjoy it...

@twade no, no words, yet ;)

@boomboom thanks a lot.we keep on developing really hard on both, software and hardware. So there will be a lot coming up to make your ACN devices an even more powerful and sophisticated tool. Yes 660€ is the official list price. Official shipping start will be January though demo units might appear in shops earlier...

About the size I do have to let you wait until Thursday since tomorrow is the reunion day in Germany and I just am forced to take a day off by law ;)... But its quite the same size like the ALL. I'll be more precise on Thursday...

P.s. There will be demo units at the AES...

I think that's pretty close to what a full-size Lockit or SB-T goes for. Given its wireless capability, I'm very impressed with the Tiny Lockit.

Thanks Marc!

The ACL204 has a list price of 860€, so there still is a noticeable step between the ACL and the ACN-TL.That of course was on purpose, since we wanted to invite more people to join the ACN with an economic powerful and small device.

Ambient make great products. Underwater surround... Incredible.

Sounds Like something James Cameron would have seed invested.

Thanks for the commendation,

If you know James we won't bother if you'd give him a call... There's always a need for additional seed investments... ;)

Timo

<just has no video sync signal.>

is this tri-level sync we're talking about here?

Hey Vin,

No sync out at all... So no trilevel, genlock, blackaudio, wordclock,...

The Tiny Lockit is a powerful Timecode Generator, TC transceiver and ACN communicator... If you need sync you still need a Lockit

Timo

P.S. Along with the Tiny Lockit shipping start there will be an ACL204 firmware update which enables the ACL204 to be a TC transceiver, too.

So with that every owner of an ACL204 will get a generator buffered Timecode transceiver, too. Of course it is compatible with all other ACN devices like the Tiny Lockit...

Hi Pierre,

right now only the ACL204 and the Tiny Lockit are ACN ready but there will be a lot more coming up, soon. ACN ready is a nice term... Since the HD ready was a fake seal we could better think of Full ACN,.. oh whatever...

No, it doesn't work like that. Right now we are collecting the serial protocols of companies who want to be integrated in the ACN, so the ACN tools can read out their data. A direct implementation of our wireless system in the devices of other manufacturers and additional protocols are in discussion but nothing is nailed down, yet.

We collected protocols of a lot renowned companies and integrated them already but I would like to hold back the information (not least because we signed some NDAs which I don't want to harm) until we bring out the ACN Master and the firmware update which will unlock the metadata functionality.

So, I'm sorry but I have to leave you uninformed like that. :(

Timo

I don't see an Ambient booth listed for AES San Francisco. No worries; which booth will they/you be in?

Have a good holiday.

For anybody who is interested in seeing our new product: Scott Boland will have a Tiny Lockit prototype at the AES Schoeps booth...

Timo

• 2 weeks later...

Scott stopped by the shop today and one of the many cool things he brought was the prototype for the Mini Lockit. It is quite small and very intuitive - I was able to set up the wireless sync the first time I tried without any help. If you are familiar with the setup and menus on the ACL204, using this will come naturally.

I took some pics to give an idea of the size comparison

post-4128-0-71561000-1350942470_thumb.jp

post-4128-0-71773400-1350942473_thumb.jp

post-4128-0-77014400-1350942475_thumb.jp