What would you ask Sound Devices?

AudioSheik

Hello Everyone!

As you may have heard, we are hosting the hottest event on the East Coast tomorrow, Wednesday the 3rd, at Gotham Sound and Communications.

I know all of you are just IN AGONY at the idea of missing this event due to work schedules, geography, and universe conspiracies. I'd like to take this opportunity (thank you, JW) for you all to post your BURNING questions to SD and I will gladly get them answered for you.

Thanks a lot!

Christina Z Wittich

Sales Manager Extraordinaire

post-5205-0-68429200-1349191105_thumb.jp

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-What visual indicator shows that the 664 is in record?

-Does the 664 allow for software updates via firmware revisions? If so, anything that can be shared at this time to expect in the future?

-Will it be possible to record mix + ISO to CF while also recording as MP3 w/ TC stamp to the SDHC?

-Will the metering on the main screen change in resolution depending on how many armed tracks are in use? For example, if only using 2 channels and L/R output, will the user screen show just Ch 1, Ch 2, and L/R or will it display L/R, X1/X2, Ch 1-Ch 6 with X1/X2, Ch 3-6 taking up space but blank?

Thank you!

Playback - apart from headphones where else does playback from each track appear and is there any control over this?

When using digital mics with delay can this be incorporated?

Are MP3's with timecode in the ID3 tag?

What is God's purpose and where is she when you need her?

Will tracks be likable so gain controls can be ganged?

While we're on the subject, how much would it take to make the 744T do input 3/4 linking with gain control on the #2 front panel pot? I'd much rather deal with channel balance in the menus than gain. But that's all an aside.

Good luck with the new product release - looks pretty cool.

Back in another decade, Eric painted his MixPre. It was quite the piece!

Gee Jon you have a great memory. I guess you could say I pimped it out. That was the only MP that was Gold & Black. Spray painted the top ribs gold & the only one with a belt clip. I think I sold that to Whitney Ince. You could offer custom skins for SD gear. Who knows it just might catch on.

Eric