What would you ask Sound Devices?

AudioSheik

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently no one got my reference earlier in this thread when the question was asked. I responded:

"Actually, Sound Devices already addressed this question some time ago with the release of a previous flagship mixer. The answer to the secret of life is cleverly incorporated within that unit's model number."

...which, of course, is the 442.

Will tracks be likable so gain controls can be ganged?

It's rare that I hear a track that I enjoy enough that it's likable. I usually tolerate them, but rarely like them.

A serious question I'd ask Sound Devices: in the light of current events, have you considered cutting the price on the 744t? I bet that it would sell pretty well if it were $1000 or $1500 less than its regular cost. Perhaps it could be manufactured for less money today than it was originally, and still leave room for a reasonable profit.

A serious question I'd ask Sound Devices: in the light of current events, have you considered cutting the price on the 744t? I bet that it would sell pretty well if it were $1000 or $1500 less than its regular cost. Perhaps it could be manufactured for less money today than it was originally, and still leave room for a reasonable profit.

...and while they're at it, turn those 2 Line-only inputs into 2 more Mic-Line inputs (keeping the same connectors ala 788t). I'd buy it. 744T Mk II!

Is it possible to assign faders on the 664/CL6? For example, using assigning a few of the CL6 faders for the X1/X2 output? Thinking of this with regards to an IFB send, wanting to eliminate the IFB send or maybe as a way to send a playback channel(s) to IFB? Possible to assign CH6 to record on CH1 for boom channel (easier to access fader closest to screen/adjust headphone volume while booming and to make the boom channel the first available track for the editor)?

Thanks!

Possible to assign CH6 to record on CH1 for boom channel

- And why you are not connect the Boom to CH1?

He wants to use fader 6 to control the boom (which means you have to input via Input 6 as it's analogue) but asking to have input 6 be recordable as track 1 so it's the first thing the editor sees.

Possible to assign CH6 to record on CH1 for boom channel

- And why you are not connect the Boom to CH1?

I have gone back and forth on this and likely because I was using the SD552 for a while. The trim and fader are sort of crammed on CH1 of the SD552 and started using CH5 as it was easier to operate and be closer to be able to adjust headphone volume if needed, shorter distance.

He wants to use fader 6 to control the boom (which means you have to input via Input 6 as it's analogue) but asking to have input 6 be recordable as track 1 so it's the first thing the editor sees.

Exactly, you said it better than I did Justin :)

I have gone back and forth on this and likely because I was using the SD552 for a while. The trim and fader are sort of crammed on CH1 of the SD552 and started using CH5 as it was easier to operate and be closer to be able to adjust headphone volume if needed, shorter distance.

Exactly, you said it better than I did Justin :)

In the poly file, if the MIX showed up first, then the ISO's (1:Mix L, 2:Mix R, 3:ISO 1 etc) you could always pan the boom full left and everything else right - then your boom is the first thing that shows up. This is assuming the files out of the 664 line up like this...

In the poly file, if the MIX showed up first, then the ISO's (1:Mix L, 2:Mix R, 3:ISO 1 etc) you could always pan the boom full left and everything else right - then your boom is the first thing that shows up. This is assuming the files out of the 664 line up like this...

This is true, exactly how I accomplished this with the SD552 (pan L). With the SD664 might be cleaner (less confusion for questionably skilled editors) and maybe less power to record just the ISO's instead of L/R + ISO'S. Just looking at options and flexibility here.