What would you ask Sound Devices?

AudioSheik

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the ability to rig 12 receivers in a bag is not new. Totally possible with the Fusion 12. I have had 12 receivers in my bag before (VRField, 6 411a's). But the bag rests on a cart. ;) Someone else had 12 411's in a bag with a Fusion 12 before as well but I don't think it was ever strapped over the shoulder either. There was a pic of that rig floating around.

6 SRas or upcoming SRbs wouldn't hurt...

I would think a rig consisting of 664/CL6 combo with 6 SRa (12 channels) weighs less than a rig of 744T/442 combo with 4 411a's (4 Channels). I'm sure many of us have carried that weight before. I don't think weight is the issue. Mixing and managing 12 wireless mics is another story. Just my $.02.

Yeap for sure Mike. But if you done 11 wireless mics with wired boom (one man show) it's your problem.

I don't know anyone who have done 11 wireless and boom without boom operator or utility.

If you get job with 11 wireless and boom for $400 or $500 it's your problem. But you can this.

" no way in #*$* I'm carrying 12 receivers "

then you probably won't require that accessory...

Exactly the *point* of that statement, however the benefit of having the STOP/REC button and L/R, X1/X2 meters might make it worth it. Especially if you can assign the CL6 faders for different purposes.

ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition had a standard sound package was x2 Wendt X5's and 9 UCR411a's and a boom and they had 3 sound mixers with those setups.

Farr get my point.

If I requested to boom with 11 wireless I accept only with good money.

Nothing more, nothing less. (metafora)

I don't know about sound mixer rate for this (ABC Extreme Makeover Home Edition) production but I think we will paid good.