Get together at AES show in San Francisco

John Coffey

OK that sounds like a really good choice. So it's all set for the Chieftain. Lets begin at 5 pm. The show ends that day at 6 pm, so after we all secure a good spot, the rest of the gang from Lectrosonics, Sound Devices, Zaxcom etc can walk over and join us. It's a very short walk from Moscone center. Just go out door onto Howard, walk two blocks to 5th and turn right. Right there.

See you at the show,

John Coffey CAS

A heads up: It's looking increasingly likely that the San Francisco Giants will be playing in Detroit on the 28th. The game will start at 5pm Pacific. So The Chieftain might be VERY crowded. Hopefully we'll be able to find a spot to gather and chat...but forewarned is forearmed...

Copy that Jim. I just walked by chieftain around 6 and was super packed because of world series(starts at 5). Just though I'd mention tropesuno 75 Yerba Buena Ln, San Francisco, CA 94103

Had more space and took reservations. This probably won't change things but Thought id mention it.

Ditto both Jim and Seth. I was at AES and once headed back inside around 3:50PM, I noticed most or all of the bars and restaurants were already forming lines for the 5PM PST Giants Vs. Tigers game. Despite my recommendation of The Chieftian, it's going to be MORE crowded since tomorrow's game may well be the last of the series. I wouldn't mind heading there early to grab seats or available space.

Thanks to early scouting reports, we abandoned plans to storm The Chieftain (since hundreds of SF Giants fans had already done so) and instead ended up at a bar in The Palace hotel. The World Series, the last-hour location change, and a small show all affected turnout. Bumped into most everyone I expected to on the show floor and had plenty of time to check out equipment and chat socially. I'd guess some folks had their fill after a few hours on show floor.

So after the show we had a select group. Three of the world's preeminent mixers, three young turks, a leading equipment developer, and some other guy. But we had a nice time, tasty snacks, and a great conversation.

Thanks all. Next Year, in Vegas!

Actually, Tatooles, Sanders and the others went home when thousands of people marched by the bar, but Glen and I joined in. They were heading for the ballpark. Seemed like good clean fun at the time, but when they got there, they wouldn't let them into the park. Soon the fun celebration began to get ugly. It got dangerous as they threw glass bottles and debris, lit buses on fire, with people in them and squashed cars to a pancake by jumping on them, with people in them. As the good citizens filtered away, the core rowdies were really, really bad people. I can positively say that every single one of those taunting the police (on those few occasions that they actually showed up) should be in jail for a long time for the things they did.

It was interesting to note that there were rarely any police until well after damage was done and people got hurt. They really screwed up by letting cars drive right into the crowd and not at least blocking streets off. They also must have made a deal with the local news because they were never in sight, but Glen and I shot some incredible videos with our i-phones. Not your average AES show.