Zoom on a boom

Erik

• 2 months later...

The picture from RODE (official facebook page)

Fail from RODE?

I don't think anyone here would be all that surprised to see that this is the corner of the market that Rode gunning for... It's up to you to take it as you like; on one hand it does annoy me a little to know that SOME people do not take what I do for a living seriously, but then they are not really the folks/jobs that I want to be working with/doing anyway. On the other hand you get what you pay for and there are plenty of people who understand that and that's who I want to work with, just about guaranteed to be making something of quality that way, not something you try to forget that you worked on once it is all over.

The picture from RODE (official facebook page)

Fail from RODE?

I like how the boom mic is only about 2 inches closer than any of the other camera mounted mics. But it's on a boom and into a zoom so it must sound good.

Like David said, most of these types are doing work we wouldn't want to touch anyway. But at least in my market (Philadelphia) a lot of mid/low level DSLR folks somehow land decent jobs that COULD have a decent budget available (corporate jobs, local commercials, EPKs, etc...). Their work is not bad visually but a lot of them have this very expectation of sound. They are amazed when I tell them what the gear rental will be for their unrealistic expectations. Fortunately there are just enough real producers around here who understand and keep me busy enough. But imagine if they ALL got it. We'd be living large!

• 3 months later...

The simple approach is, "So, you want VHS sound with your Red?"

Put it in terms they understand.

I like this too thumbsupup.gif.

ladies and gentlemen,  and the rest of the folks on jwsoundgroup.net...

The Zoom H4N is old news, history;  and wireless may be endangered,  but this is the future:

www.getflashcord.com

Kinda seems cool though, for recording a lecture I mean. Wish I had it for that. 

Sorry I get it. Tiny audio recorder. 

Edited by srab1138

• 4 weeks later...