will idx np1 charger(or similar) and power supply switch to battery if power removed?

Beta Sound

Hello again all!

I am looking to power a small cart with 788t/Cl8, Rackmount Venue w/ 6 VRS, Blackmagic Smartwiew Duo monitors, Lacie Rugged FW HD(powered from 788t).

I was wondering if these battery chargers with power supply switch to battery automatically if power is lost. I was thinking of using it as a sort of backup for AC shortages or shots that dont use the generator.

I am planning on using a remote audio hotbox v2 and using the charger as its power supply and battery connection.

I as looking at these for this purpose:

Switronix NC-2LJ 2-Position NP-1 Type Simultaneous Charger

and

IDX JL-2PLUS 2-Channel Fast Charger

I would really appreciate any thoughts on whether or not this is possible and would be a good system.

Do a search on the forum for cart power supplies. There has been a lot of discussions over the years.

In particular, an elegant solution (and relatively cheap) is our host's cart power system, which uses a 12V power supply with a SLA battery floating on it. A DIY power solution for shore power with a battery backup.

-Brian

Ah yes only just noticed that (having already placed my order) but should be fine for the majority of jobs. May also invest in either one of their Analog to SDI converters or their Broadcast Converter which could sit neatly in the cart rack alongside the SmartDuo monitors.

"Broadcast Converter combines most mini converters features into a 1 rack unit chassis that allows bi-directional conversion. Convert SDI to analog/HDMI while at the same time converting analog/HDMI to SDI. Broadcast Converter is a complete solution for connecting analog decks such as Betacam SP to SDI based systems in a compact rack mount design."