New Sound Devices CL-WIFI constantly bumped off network

roundbadge

did a search,didn't see much on this.

I finally got the CL wifi today.downloaded the current version of the iphone app.

playing with my iphone 4s its constantly losing contact w/ the network..even when its directly next to the cl unit.the antenna is out in the open direct line of sight to the iphone.

I have my own wifi network in my home were I was testing today.

I tried logging off the cl network,rebooting the app,etc,etc.

works for a minute then goes offline again.

I borrowed a friends unit over the weekend and saw the same problem..there was another wifi network at the location..I thought maybe it was just his unit with the problem.

so is this the standard OP with this thing?

I'd really like to lose the keyboard in my workflow and get the whole ipad thing going but this system seems really flaky to me. H

• 6 months later...

I have had this same problem using the CL-WiFI app on the iPad. My solution was to power the iPad externally from the cart battery, and 100% of the WiFi connection problems went away. I'm convinced this is not SD's fault, but instead is an Apple problem relating to battery life. I have not tried it with an iPhone, but I suspect it would be a similar fix.