stand by gear

Harris K

Hey all,

Ive been negotiating a gear package with a producer. They've asked me to have some comteks, but only pay if they use them, which they suspect they won't. Any one work put an arrangement like this before? I imagine i know where the consensus on this will go, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Hey all,

Ive been negotiating a gear package with a producer. They've asked me to have some comteks, but only pay if they use them, which they suspect they won't. Any one work put an arrangement like this before? I imagine i know where the consensus on this will go, but I'm curious nonetheless.

tell them you need to rent the comteks from somebody else. So regardless of their use you will have to pay for them and so should they. Always works...

I don't know that lying about what you own or don't own is a good way to start a relationship with a producer.

If you own Comteks, and they don't want to pay for them, but they are willing to pay for them as used, then by all means bring them along. Just be sure it's in writing what they are paying, and be sure to bill them.

I carry stuff they don't pay for (speakers, handheld wireless, etc.). If they use it, they pay additional.

There's nothing wrong with making that deal. We all know they'll want to use them, then you'll get extra money. My guess is they're not offering much, so this could be good.

Robert

I do that sometimes with comteks. They're in my case anyway usually. So it would be kind of more work to not bring them.

If they're renting the kit piecemiel like that it usually adds up to more that if they had just gotten the whole package, which I'll then point out next time so I can lock in a full kit rental.

Depends on the client tho.