Deva v frozen disk folder file

mugasound

Hey Gang, today for the first time I had quite a worried evening. As we where shooting our last scene my deva would not go in to record mode. The red record button was flashing and an audio alarm came thru my headphones. We're shooting with 2 F 900 cameras and I was sending a wireless mix to them as redundancy back up so I was able to finish the last scene with just a mix to camera. Upon inspection of the folder I couldn't engage my last folder on the disk folder for playback to check files. Neither can I mirror that file to an external drive. But everything else was working fine all inputs, outputs faders etc. I rebooted the unit several times and even removed the NP1 batt. but no go to select the last recorded folder for today.I could feel the hard drive spinning but now there was an additional what seem to be a mechanical click. I made a phone call to My good friend Juanito Cisneros and he came up with the idea to reset the factory setting button. And sure enough after rebooting I was able to select the folder from the disk folder to check and mirror that last folder. My question is what caused that to happen is my HD(180 gig)ready to crap out.

180GB drive? That was a weird size for IDE way back when. I would remove the drive, back it up, and consider upgrading to a 240GB drive once this project is completely wrapped, prior to your next job.

Zaxcom can advise you on which specific 2.5" Toshiba Travelstar drives they currently recommend for the Deva.