For RENTAL: Large Selection of Pro Audio Gear *Will beat rental house prices!*

Hi everyone...

I'm currently taking a break from Production Sound Mixing and am pursuing some other opportunities so right now I have a lot of Audio Gear available for rent... I will beat any rental house pricing by 20% on similar gear.

I am located in Burbank, CA so local pickup can be made or will also ship if need be.

Below is a list of most of my primary gear... Feel free to ask about any smaller accessories that I may not have listed here yet probably still have. Also check out my personal website www.jonahguelzo.com for the gear list again, the kind of work I do as well as further contact info.

Production Sound Mixing Equipment:

Tascam HS-P82

Tascam RC-F82

Tascam DR-100 MKII

2x Timecode Buddy Wifi Master

Timecode Buddy Tx

2x RED Epic/Scarlet Timecode Cables

3x Lectrosonics UCR 205D Kit

Lectrosonics UCR 210D Kit

K-Tek Aluminum Traveler Pole 7ft. Boompole w/ Internal Cable

K-Tek Graphite Fiber 25ft. Boompole w/ Internal Cable

Rode NTG-3 (shotgun mic)

2x Oktava MK-012 (small diaphragm hypercardioid mic)

2x Tram TR-50 Lavalier Microphone

2x Lectrosonics m152 Lavalier Microphone

Rode Blimp System

Rode PG2 (pistol grip)

Rode WS6 (shotgun Mic Softie)

Rycote Invision 6 (mic suspension mount)

Rycote BBG w/ Windjammer (pencil mic windshield kit)

Comtek IFB Kit (1x Transmitter, 1x Receiver)

ATS RAM Boompole Cradle (boompole mount)

Sony MDR-7506 Studio Monitor Headphones

2x Sony MDR-V6 Studio Monitor Headphones

Sennheiser HD201 Studio Monitor Headphone

2x Sony MDR-G45LP Around Ear Headphones

XLR Cables (3-50ft. in length)

External Power Distrobution Setup with 4x NP-1 batteries and NP-1 Cups

In addition to what is listed above... I also have:

BeachTek DXA-SLR PRO (XLR audio adapter for DSLRs) ~ Enables one to get the highest quality audio into the widely used DSLRs... This is BeachTek's flagship model.

RODE STEREOMIC PRO

RODE VIDEOMIC PRO

QUE Audio SNIPER Shotgun audio Kit (Que Audio's Pro "mini" shotgun mic with accessories)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition I also have Porta Brace Harnesses/OTS Bags etc for appropriate gear as well as lots of additional accessories that I've chosen not to list. So if it's not as big of an item and not listed, feel free to ask.

Call anytime and we can discuss your needs and pricing. I'm not using my gear right now so benefit by cheaper rental rates!

e- jonah@jonahguelzo.com

phone- 434-444-5225

Regards,

-Jonah Guelzo

With the selection offered, I guess LSC and Coffey have little to fear.... These items are not tier one items, other than the headsets and a few other small items... Pro audio is debatable...

That being said, the concept of "dramatically lower prices" is interesting. I guess the race to the bottom concept is now alive and well in the Equipment rental business... LOL...

And, what other hassle?.... LSC for example offers a really nice rental experience .... Always helpful and polite, someone to stand behind the rental, nice gear and very reasonable pricing.... where is the hassle.... First class if you ask me...

Good luck Jonah.... maybe someone will take you up on your offer... can't hurt asking...

mostly Semi-Pro, and very limited selection was my first reaction, as well...

and the usual suspects include a set of fresh batteries, legendary support, backup, large selection, and accept credit cards...

OTOH, while I wouldn't call it a large selection, it is a decent small package, and this may be just the ticket for someone on an "above Subway Tune" gig...

Edited by studiomprd

Hey guys... I'm more or less trying to help out those on the intermediate level... who want still high quality equipment but aren't planning on working a big budget feature. My gear is suited for Commercial/Documentary/and independent film.

And what in your opinions classifies "PRO" audio gear? Simply curious. I don't believe you have to have the most expensive kit in order for it to be professional. Obviously makes a difference depending on the application and where budgets afford you the opportunity to gather such equipment... But "PRO" in my estimation is gear that generally speaking is quite rugged, affords the users a larger selection of features and options, and most importantly produces a high enough quality of sound that can be used for commercial content viewed by larger audiences... I.E. not home videos, youtube, etc.

Everything is often relative... For you mixers with countless years of experience and credits to your name... you get jobs with large enough budgets where picking up a 788t with CL9 or other expensive setups is less of a big deal... And when you have the best, everything seems less professional... yet for mixers starting out with very inexpensive gear, gear you might laugh at is a dream to have for others.

Needless to say if you're already working on large scale projects than I doubt most would even need look at this post... but for others who can't still can't afford renting everything they want... what I have might offer them a great opportunity to still do a great job and get a better price from dealing with someone directly.

Cheers!

-J

And thanks for the advice JRD456... I changed up the post a little and listed that I would beat current rental house pricing by 20%... hopefully that helps!

And thanks Philip. Everyone has to start from somewhere... I'm sure the more experienced fellows in this forum remember too a time when just wish they could get their hands on any decent piece of gear.

Jonah, the feedback is based on the audience. I'd guess, but don't know, there aren't many people even lurking regularly on this forum who fit your target market. I think you'd have better success aiming at documentary and indie filmmaker forums and email lists and making the rental an easy choice.

Maybe present your stuff as a complete sound package (or two) with several add-on options (e.g., the comtek). To make sure people get off on the right foot, perhaps write up a simple survival guide --or copy a few key pages from user manuals-- so customers will know, for example, how to set up frequencies and levels with your Lectro systems.

You're offering gear that's a good step up from DSLR+Zoom. So go after people who are outgrowing that stuff.

HTH -Jim

Maybe try find someone who has no kit of their own and give them yours on a long term hire, they pay you when they use it? IMO kit hire is seldom worth all the hassles of pick up, drop off, damage, lost, why doesn't this work? Where is that? Blah blah blah. Unless its someone you trust or a long term gig, then it can be worthwhile/less hassle.

^^ good idea

" there aren't many people even lurking regularly on this forum who fit your target market. "

well, they are around here, but just don't want to realize it...

What is Pro gear ??

well for one thing it rarely has PRO or professional in its name !

We all have our expectations, but typically it is the gear that real, working professionals rely on to make their living with.

But the package offered is certainly not "a large selection of pro gear".

• 1 month later...

Yeah I might agree with it being the wrong market. As I wouldnt consider my kit to be not nearly at its peak but more starting up and I use sound devices 4 track recorder mixer , and I have a ntg3 as my backup, the main mic being sanken cs3e and a couple of g3s . But any odd bits that I need I rent from so soundies I know. Your market does sound like it would serve awesomely for a indie filmmakers market. I come to this site to get in site about pretty pro level gear. Also I am not to sure about you guys up there but in Aus its pretty frowned upon to directly undercut but I speak from my side and am not trying to stir things up.

I also agree with the definition of pro. I used the ntg 3 and I loved the sound and would consider it pro sounding when used correctly but wouldn't consider its reliability of a pro standard hence my upgrade to the sanken but others might think that its only a semi pro mic. It is up you if it works with you to get the results that you are looking for and to make your client happy! The only times I would use a cheaper kit is if I feel I can get the professional result that is required of me.

Anyway happy to hear what peeps think on the topic as I am pretty new to this but thought I might give my input!

...I used the ntg 3 and I loved the sound and would consider it pro sounding when used correctly but wouldn't consider its reliability of a pro standard...

what gives you that impression? My NTG-3 has been used up against a waterfall, and slammed in a door (yes, I got it serviced) and still works perfectly. It's my backup mic now, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it if the situation called for it.

Hey ya Justin!

Over the last 2 years I have 2 die on me mid shot which is why I don't deem it reliable. Rode were great about getting it fixed and replaced and have since had my mixer looked at and what not but think my luck with them has been pretty bad and I would say that it is my opinion. I do love it but I had it and an ntg 2 in my kit as a backup and I didn't feel confident to walk onto set with it as my main. Hence why I feel a bit disappointed with its reliability. I still pull it out if I want a wide off axis mic and in high humidity situations like swimming pools or when there is a scene which requires a high SPL rated but I wouldn't have it as my main anymore. What do you think?

Hey ya Justin!

Over the last 2 years I have 2 die on me mid shot which is why I don't deem it reliable. Rode were great about getting it fixed and replaced and have since had my mixer looked at and what not but think my luck with them has been pretty bad and I would say that it is my opinion. I do love it but I had it and an ntg 2 in my kit as a backup and I didn't feel confident to walk onto set with it as my main. Hence why I feel a bit disappointed with its reliability. I still pull it out if I want a wide off axis mic and in high humidity situations like swimming pools or when there is a scene which requires a high SPL rated but I wouldn't have it as my main anymore. What do you think?

Interesting. I have another mixer friend who's NTG-3 inexplicably died on them as well. Perhaps their QA person has been asleep at their desk or something.

I only pull my NTG-3 out now if for some reason my mains (CS3-e, MKH8060, MKH8050, MKH50) poop out. It's not happened in a looooong time.

Edit: never. Before I got the MKH's, the CS3-e pooped out once after operating in continuous drizzle for 14 hours

Interesting. I have another mixer friend who's NTG-3 inexplicably died on them as well. Perhaps their QA person has been asleep at their desk or something.

I only pull my NTG-3 out now if for some reason my mains (CS3-e, MKH8060, MKH8050, MKH50) poop out. It's not happened in a looooong time.

Edit: never. Before I got the MKH's, the CS3-e pooped out once after operating in continuous drizzle for 14 hours

Sounds like you take your mics through the hard yards!

According to Rides tech guy there it was pretty bad case I had. I felt with a guy there called matt and he was really helpful and made sure it was resolved as quickly as possible so its thumbs up for service but I live here in Sydney so I just drive down to Rode and talk to him directly. I still definitely use it cause it has some great uses like car stuff and talent talking over each other but I always pack the NTG 2 and Sanken just in case!

I have put my ntg3 in some potentially (mic) deadly situations and it handled like a champ.

Excellent sounding mic

Great customer service

Better warrantee

Yeah I have heard it can take a beating! Which is why its awesome as well as the deep studio like sound. I think what busted was the capacitor?