? Presidential earpiece and...

Srgtfury

No Political responses, please, as this is a dispassionate lead to a topic that occurred to Fury, when this emailed link was stumbled on...

http://itmakessenseb...-during-debate/

Is it possible to so deftly conceal a speaker, in or near the; conchal bowl, antihelix, or even the tragus (slightly increasing the tragus' size), such that talent can simply hear and parrot their lines, perhaps 0.5 sec. or whatever, after hearing the feed, whilst avoiding intentional recording of the live performance? The director could, therefore, essentially time cue the lines. Running lines would be minimized. Of course, the talent's interpretation and ego would necessitate consideration, in that regard. For big budget productions, seems this would save on net budget, anyway, and, by extension, has probably been done. Anyone have experiences, with this type of application. If so, please post.

Thank you very much

Fury

Actors have used wireless earwigs to recite long speeches on camera. It is a true skill to be able to recite dialog a split second after you hear it. The technology is easily obtainable and affordable. I have heard that actor Johnny Depp likes to use one to take private direction during a take and uses it to listen to music between takes.

I have heard that actor Johnny Depp likes to use one to take private direction during a take and uses it to listen to music between takes.

JD actually uses an earwig to listen to music DURING takes. He uses the music to inspire his performance. We also employed this a bit for Clive Owen on a film I recently finished. The director had actually asked in pre-pro if we could have an extra on standby for the dolly grip in order to inspire his dolly moves. It was fun working with a director who was SOOO into music, and his sound in general.

Now, now, Oms,

Is that a goldendoodle, as ur avatar? Maybe U need to check ur kicks...not el toro ur apparently smelling.

Moderator, please reprimand this poster.

Since sound production is a new field for Fury, the purposeful, somewhat astounding and appropriate responses are much appreciated. The general public, likely has no idea, of what has been reported above, by responsive posters. Not to obviate the proclivity that some devotees, of a given talent might have to label such revelations, as having a taurine twist.

Thank you very much

Fury

Now, now, Oms,

Is that a goldendoodle, as ur avatar? Maybe U need to check ur kicks...not el toro ur apparently smelling.

Moderator, please reprimand this poster.

Since sound production is a new field for Fury, the purposeful, somewhat astounding and appropriate responses are much appreciated. The general public, likely has no idea, of what has been reported above, by responsive posters. Not to obviate the proclivity that some devotees, of a given talent might have to label such revelations, as having a taurine twist.

Thank you very much

Fury

What the f#ck are you talking about? And why do you refer to yourself in the third person? Do you realize no one can take you seriously?

Referring to myself in the first person,

Matthew

What the f#ck are you talking about? And why do you refer to yourself in the third person? Do you realize no one can take you seriously?

Referring to myself in the first person,

Matthew

He surfaced, I believe, in a rather scandalous Nomad transaction thread a while back and has continued to linger as a sporadically amusing nuisance.

If we hand out ear wigs to our actors for scenes with live singing, we sometimes also give Comteks tuned to the same channel to the Camera Operators and Dolly Grips for the same reason - so everyone keeps the same rhythms and feeling of the song.

To take it a step further: On this particular film, we would sometimes hand out headsets with music even if there was to be none in the scene. Sometimes the director felt that a particular song told the emotion he was looking to convey in the scene (granted, we wouldn't do this every pass), and wanted to try to capture that in the performance of either the actors or cam/grip.

That was a new one for me.

I learned that the French seem to have a respect for sound that some have lost stateside. It's tough to articulate, but there was just a greater level of respect... a greater appreciation for our contribution to the project. It was a good feeling

This is 100% political. Chris is right that it comes up regularly, though the anti-Obama Republin thing now seems to be that he is only a great speaker when he has a teleprompter (decide for yourself after the debates and all the Sandy speaking he has been doing).

The funny thing is that people in our line of work would know how to hide this stuff, and we know that we could go to B&H (let alone a usual suspect) and get an earwig that hides in the ear, not glued there.

I got a call a few times asking if I would feed a "known" actor lines from another room. The whole thing was to be done secretly, the person calling didn't want anyone else on set to know that was happening (even the director). They implied it was normal for this actor to do it, and if they really can (or think they can) hide an earwig from the other actors and crew, then I think the POTUS can get tech at least that sneaky.

" Sometimes the director felt that a particular song told the emotion he was looking to convey in the scene "

was this person actually credible?

Remember, back before movies could talk, musicians playing mood music on the set (during the takes!) was pretty common...

I guess I would say so. He is a big actor in France. I think this was his second directing gig. Pretty good cast: James Caan, Billy Cruddup, Clive Owen, Marion Cotillard, and many other "names".

Why would you question ones credibility, only to follow with "many did this in the past"?

We had the technology, and the man power and he wanted to employ it. It was a fun experiment... Whether it worked or not... Well, I guess we'll see once the film is finished being cut.

I have used Phonak Invisity in a few films, they are great for playback when you want to record the singing. And you have a base transmitter so no pack (or implant on the shoulders!).

On one occasion, one actor stepped on it and it broke in half. When i got it, i realised that if you really needed, you could open it and loose the case and would fit in your ear without been visible! So I wouldn't be surprised if someone like the president would wear one just in case. As for the photo, can they get a lower resolution one? maybe we can see the real location of area 51 on it.

I guess I would say so. He is a big actor in France. I think this was his second directing gig. Pretty good cast: James Caan, Billy Cruddup, Clive Owen, Marion Cotillard, and many other "names".

Why would you question ones credibility, only to follow with "many did this in the past"?

We had the technology, and the man power and he wanted to employ it. It was a fun experiment... Whether it worked or not... Well, I guess we'll see once the film is finished being cut.

Don't sweat it Wyatt, SMM does it for the attention only, check out his IMDB credits and then decided if you are worried about his opinion on this stuff.

Don't sweat it Wyatt, SMM does it for the attention only, check out his IMDB credits and then decided if you are worried about his opinion on this stuff.

Thanks Chris. I'm actually well familiar with the senator. I would actually say that we more or less get along just fine. Sometimes I just think its fun to poke back.

Anyway. What's all this I hear about an election?

;-)