Reality Show Problems

OmahaAudio

I'M A Celebrity is facing its first crisis — bosses don’t have enough cockroaches to pour over the contestants.

Drought in parts of Australia has led to a shortage and producers are desperately trying to stock up in time for the bushtucker trials.

A batch also had to be dumped after a deadly spider — thought to be a redback or funnel-web — was found among them. The show uses 140,000 cockroaches in a series.

An insider said: “It takes four months for a cockroach to be bred so producers are searching out more supplies to meet their demands.

“If they don’t find enough they’ll have to change the trials.”

- The Sun

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a landmark moment in human history where somebody complained because they WANTED thousands of cockroaches, and couldn't find them.

Kind of funny that the term "reality TV" has grown to include the modern game show, and the older "reality TV" shows are called documentary TV (like, say COPS).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mark, I deplore you not send any of these so called producers *cough*cockroaches *cough* this way.

You don't want them making a little niche for themselves when they realize they can survive in that climate. Before you know it you'll have an infestation, and then they'll be a "Reality" show about it. Probably on Nat Geo or Discovery.

This is Axle Rose in the days before "I'm a celebrity" when "welcome to the jungle" was a rock anthem rather than the announcement that you have type 4 career cancer.

- Frankie Boyle (while showing the video for "Welcome To The Jungle" on NMTB)