Critique my strategy?

atheisticmystic

I almost wish they could do one pass as a wide shot, then stop, go back in for close-ups, then shut off all the pumps and bubbles and get actual dialogue (with some minor bubble SFX added in post). I'm not sure there's any other way to do this and get reasonable sound quality.

This. I've done a few TV shows where they do this. The wide shot is either a crane, dolly or slider and is wide enough that sync doesn't matter. The rest of the action is covered in Mid to Tight shots, and audio from these is overlaid on the wides when they want to cut back. Totally fake - but this isn't live so who cares. Watch anything like this from 'The Bachelor' or those type or shows and I guarantee the Jacuzzi or Hot Tub is off in the CU's.

All wonderful suggestions, and I greatly appreciate everyone's time.

The most embarrassing question to ask is, "So an experienced and professional boom operator can keep impromptu dialog on axis while avoiding four constantly changing frame lines, or I smack some sense into production, make them get realistic about frame lines and THEN hire the experienced Boom Op ?"

Many thanks again,

Steven

(PS. No nudity that I can recall, but I did partially disrobe to use the restroom...but everybody does that, right?)

:unsure:

Yes,that is exactly what I would do.

J.D.

What fun! But we need one more piece of information to properly respond to your request for critiques...well, maybe two more pieces. When all was said and done, how did it sound? And how

did the producer and director like the audio? Was it appropriate to the picture, as in, did we see the jacuzzi jets whooshing away, and the alcohol fueled guests all talking at once? Could we understand all the words? It sounds like this was a pilot for a show. Presumably, everyone will want to refine the production process if they really do intend to shoot multiple episodes.