PAG np1 chargers and Swit batteries

matadams

Does anyone here use a Pag battery charger, specifically the AR-124NPD (https://www.paguk.com/content/pag-ar124npd-4-x-np1-4-x-pp90) and have experience of it chartging other brand Lithium battery packs, specifically Swit brand?

I used to power my 788 bag rig from a lage v-lock battery but to reduce weight and help with ergonomics im now running two NP1's in parallel. Downside is, my 2 channel np1 slow charger won't charge quick enough and will only have two batteries ready if left overnight; hence, im looking at a new charger.

Thanks, Mat.

Thanks I run pretty much the same plus video receiver and LCD monitor from one NP1 but of course it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.....! (generally about 3/4 hours using an 84Wh Lithium ion) but I don't use two NP1's in an attempt to keep the weight down.

Do you actually wire the two NP1's in parallel or just use them independently in parallel?

I do sometimes (rarely) have to resort to two chargers because of charging not being fast enough in series.

I dont really know what you mean by independantly in parallel. Basically use NP1 cases with xlf4f connectors on flying leads. I can connect one of them to my homebrew BDS (with an xlr4m flying lead) or i have a xlr4 Y-cord to connect both NP1 cases to the BDS simultaniously and in parallel.