Sound Student looking for work experience in CT/NY area

Hi my name is Cynthia Harris and I am a Junior at the Savannah College of Art & Design where I study Sound. I am currently home, in the CT/NY area for winter break. I will be in the area from November until January and I am currently looking to gain experience from professionals in the field. If anyone would be willing to let me shadow them or even earn a little money doing sound utility that would be great! If you are searching for another sound crew member or just need some extra help from an intern please contact me. I will be glad to learn from professionals and get experience.

I have boom operated on plenty of senior films at my college and would love to get some advise and share my resume with you. I am looking to shadow, intern, or work.

Thank you,

Cynthia Harris

Ms. Harris-

Best to you- I would connect with the other universities in your areas for other projects, I have found a usually high demand for a good sound person for student films and thesis film projects, most are directing and wanting to work camera -so everyone is looking for sound crew.

I think the fact that you can't see sound or touch it, people just don't understand it....hence the trepidation toward our whole art or department.

Also I would not shy away from PA work or other depts if that's all that is available, you can learn a lot on any set.