Whale Wars IMMEDIATE sound job available!

From what I know about it, the rate is VERY bad and unless chasing whaling ships is your thing it will be VERY uncomfortable.

I know many people who volunteer in the Sea Shepherd organization. Some of them very good life long friends. The reports I hear back are not pleasant, but they all knew that going in and were prepared for it.

I've worked for a couple charities... adventure... paying it forward... trying to stash some good karma... and FROM THAT... I've been asked to do some other stuff for those same charities... that was downright scary as hell... and I had to say, "yeah, I'm not doing that".

I can't believe a legit(?) national TV show is doing things this way? I understand the charity of anti-whaling, etc. but isn't a production company (presumably making money on the show) behind this? It's not like you're working for the cause... you're working for a production company... or am I missing something?

I know the ship is crewed by volunteers, for the most part, but I expect the TV crew is paid. I don't know why the pay is so low, but given the difficulty they are having finding a sound person for one of the ships, they may discover it to be a problem.

I suppose most of the folks involved do it for the adventure and the cause, and the producers likely take full advantage, as producers usually do.

Why are we surprised that producers are always trying to get the best result from the least amount of money? It's their job to play that game, and hope they don't get screwed. Our only option is to turn down jobs we don't want, and hope the person they eventually hire will demand more money or fail miserably.

Why are we surprised that producers are always trying to get the best result from the least amount of money? It's their job to play that game, and hope they don't get screwed. Our only option is to turn down jobs we don't want, and hope the person they eventually hire will demand more money or fail miserably.

I agree. But, the reason I am surprised is usually when the conditions are hazardous and the risk to one's personal well-being is extreme, you usually see a raise in rate to compensate for that. Not so here, and it actually seems to be lower than average.