My COS-11 technique

atheisticmystic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Could someone possibly link the thick padded moleskin please? Ideally Amazon link. Dr Scholls moleskin is not widely available in uk shops. And it's hard to find the thick moleskin when looking at a 2d photo. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Overcovers work well, or perhaps trimmed overcovers (much better than undercovers). Place under clothing least exposed to wind, maybe try including pop shield, maybe put a little bit of the fluff from overcovers inside pop shield? Endless possibilities!

Love the Pre dog-eared time saver.  Here's a step further, a Pack of pre dog-eared:

And as for fast, especially if you know where it's going, Pre dog eared and Pre loaded:

I once had a guy who was in conversation with producer ask, as I was starting to walk away, "Did you just mic me...?"

:30 sec?  Yep, it can be done....              M*

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone
I read with great interest this post.
One thing I've learned over time is that "less is more"!
of course, this rule does not apply in any case, but there are exceptions where you need of the dressmaker or hairstylist or of diy accessories.
Often add not solve, often shifts the problem and the sound gets worse.
On the one hand put tape or felt near the capsule improves the rustle but on the other hand is as if you add a kind of high-pass filter unintentionally.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Could anyone take a picture of the blanket actually applied to someone? That'd be useful. Also can they be stuck to the inside of a shirt sticky side out or do they have to be stuck to the talents skin?

There is no "one placement fits all." Both experience and trial and error are typically needed. Buy a couple of friends their favorite beverage and practice on them.