Sound Devices Price Increases - Effective Immediately

AudioSheik

Hello Sound Community!

Earlier today Sound Devices announced a price increase to audio and video products for US Dealers effective immediately. Price increases for 7 - series products will not go into effect until January 1, 2013.

Sound Devices now offers a 2 year warranty on their products.

Here's the breakdown:

Effective January 1st:

New

702: $1,975.00

702T: $2,595.00

722: $2,595.00

744T: $4,195.00

788T: $6,395.00

788T-SSD: $6,649.00

Effective Immediately:

302: $ 1,595.00

552 $ 3,295.00

664 $ 4,595.00

MixPre-D $ 899.00

USB Pre 2 $849.00

PIX 220i $2,295.00

PIX 240i $3,295.00

PIX 260i $5,625.00

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Christina Zee Wittich

Sales Manager @ Gotham Sound

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day by day the rates for sound mixers, sound recordists it's goes down.

No good movement from Sound Devices and Zaxcom.

Now for 788T SSD is at $6,649 (that mean for me over 6.000 euros) is to dream to have this recorder

when the daily rate for motion pictures and film here in Greece is at 160 euros. And I don't have the choice of rental.

This is US pricing only. Anything you buy starting today, whether it is in stock with the dealer or not is subject to the new price changes.

Please remember that 7 series price changes do not go up until January 1.

This is the first price increase that Sound Devices has had in something like seven years.

Boo on you, Sound Devices! What about this economy justifies a price increase for existing technology, PLUS increasing the prices on VERY legacy items like the 744? Is there some new functionality available, such as a 6-track recording on the 744... Or maybe a built-in espresso spout?

$500 extra for the 644... Makes me a sad panda.

Anything you buy starting today, whether it is in stock with the dealer or not is subject to the new price changes.

I've never understood the logic behind that. If a retailer has ordered, received and paid for a piece of equipment (or a roll of film, etc.) at the old price then why does a new price increase have an effect on that in-stock item? Shouldn't the increase start to take effect, at the retail level, on items received and paid for after the date of the increase?

Boo on you, Sound Devices! What about this economy justifies a price increase for existing technology, PLUS increasing the prices on VERY legacy items like the 744? Is there some new functionality available, such as a 6-track recording on the 744... Or maybe a built-in espresso spout?

$500 extra for the 644... Makes me a sad panda.

Yeah i agree, most of these machines have been around for years and years?? what is their point in raising their prices? It should be the other way around! They are shooting themselves in the foot big time here

The boys in Reedsberg have held the line on pricing pretty well over the years. Most manufacturers will increase pricing to dealers 3-5% each year. SD has held their pricing down for the past several years and just did the increases all at once.To be clear, If you already have an order in for, a 664 for example, the pricing will not change. However, orders placed from today on, will reflect the new pricing.The silver lining in all of this is that SD has also increased the manufacturers warranty on it's products from one year to two years at the same time so, there is some added value there.