Small USB Keyboard

Neil Mc

5 hours ago, Peter Mega said:

anyone using/tried it with CL8/788T?

I have it for 6 series. It's a good little keyboard. Very small and usable. Expensive honestly but I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Apparently it used to be $15 at EB Games but not there anymore: http://www.mp3car.com/forum/general/classifieds/classified-archive/51953-fs-super-mini-usb-keyboard

I used to use the Rii but was always afraid of losing the dongle having to take it out to access cards on 633 (not an issue on 788) and then I always forgot to charge the keyboard itself so I could never use it when I wanted to.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue with the Rii losing connection to the SD 633?

I had the Rii and the 633 working perfectly together on the first 2 days of a 3-day shoot last weekend, then on the final day the 633 wouldn't recognize the keyboard no matter what I did. I tried power cycling both, plugging and unplugging the USB dongle from the 633, and even swapping the adapter cable that the dongle was plugged into. Nothing worked. The keyboard would turn on and light up just fine, so it couldn't have been a charge thing. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

On May 18, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Mobilemike said:

I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue with the Rii losing connection to the SD 633?

I had the Rii and the 633 working perfectly together on the first 2 days of a 3-day shoot last weekend, then on the final day the 633 wouldn't recognize the keyboard no matter what I did. I tried power cycling both, plugging and unplugging the USB dongle from the 633, and even swapping the adapter cable that the dongle was plugged into. Nothing worked. The keyboard would turn on and light up just fine, so it couldn't have been a charge thing. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

No problems here. Sounds like it could be a dead dongle. Maybe try using the dongle to connect the keyboard to a computer to eliminate the possibility that's the case. Also reset and rebuilt your 633 settings, or alternately to create another settings profile and see if corrupt settings could be the problem.

Best regards,

Jim

I've had a recurring problem with my usb keyboard with both my 633 and 688.  Worked fine the first few days, but ever since it will lose connectivity and I couldn't get it to work again each day.  Finally figured it out today.  Seems like if it starts working at initial setup, which it always does, and then perhaps I'm fiddling with outputs or something and it becomes unresponsive, I couldn't get it back regardless of unplugging or power cycling.  Today, it happened again, and the only way I can get it to reconnect is to power down the 6 Series, AND cancel the quickboot (hold the menu button for 5 secs).  Then, on power up, the keyboard is recognizable again.  Seems like a ground burp that affects the USB port or something.  

On May 26, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Tom Craca said:

I've had a recurring problem with my usb keyboard with both my 633 and 688.  Worked fine the first few days, but ever since it will lose connectivity and I couldn't get it to work again each day.  Finally figured it out today.  Seems like if it starts working at initial setup, which it always does, and then perhaps I'm fiddling with outputs or something and it becomes unresponsive, I couldn't get it back regardless of unplugging or power cycling.  Today, it happened again, and the only way I can get it to reconnect is to power down the 6 Series, AND cancel the quickboot (hold the menu button for 5 secs).  Then, on power up, the keyboard is recognizable again.  Seems like a ground burp that affects the USB port or something.  

Hi Tom,

Curious what firmware you're operating on with your 6-series recorders. SD fixed the following bug in their 1.04 firmware release (Jan 2015) 

• USB port is now reset when the 633 detects an unresponsive keyboard.

Sounds similar to your symptoms. That was something I encountered a while back myself. SD made further improvements to the USB Keyboard functionality in 2.11 (Feb 2016)

• Keyboard sequence involving Shift key would sometimes repeat the same character as if the key was being held down.

Best,
-Jim