Kaltman Reactions Circular Polarization Antenna

soundtrane

Vin,

Same as Todd they are in my area I will also get in touch with them and see if I can demo a set. Also it would be great if we could get Larry and the gang at Lectrosonics involved to see what they had to say about any testing. I do know some of the other products that they make as far as frequency analyzers which are built well and are very good.

Vin hope all is well and your are staying busy my friend!

Cheers,

Whit

Is this like an enclosed and squashed helical antenna? I know that large scale RF management often use Helical Antennas because they are so focused. Although the pattern on their website looks like a Cardioid shape. I would be very interested to see a test of these antennas plugged into a venue system next to some ALP 650s plugged into another venue. Set the 650s to 6dB gain and have them all receive the same channel. Id be happy to help set this up if someone in the Atlanta area has the rest of the gear. I could build matching cables and help set it up.

Chris

Here is an excellent video about Antennas.

It is very well done and explained in a non-technical manner and is very easy to understand. Although the video is about FPV (First Person View) video antennas on RC planes it translates to all antenna physics.

Worth watching.

Andy

30 minutes very well spent. Thanks Andy.

Hey everyone,

I emailed the president of the company about trying to demo a set of their antennas. Here is what he had to say.

They do not have an evaluation program anymore.

Whit,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are the exclusive USA distributor for the German manufactured RF & EMC products of Aaronia AG, and we are also the manufacturer of LoWavzTM low frequency antennas and Invisible WavesTM RF analysis products. Based out of Atlanta, Georgia we offer full technical and warranty support and we maintain a fairly extensive product inventory. Our customer list reads like a “Who’s, Who” in the military, industrial, communications, and commercial segments (please see below) and we stand ready to assist you with your RF & EMC related needs.

You mentioned demo’ing a pair of CPA antennas. We do not have an evaluation demo program anymore but for the CPA Antennas, we actually offer a money back guarantee (please see below).

The Invisible WavesTM IWxCPA antenna is not like your traditional paddle or rod antenna commonly used with wireless microphone receivers and with pro-audio antenna distribution systems. The new IWxCPA incorporates directional, Circular Polarization (CP) technology for both receive and transmit pro-audio wireless applications. Kaltman Creations guarantees* that this antenna will reduce interference, reduce drop outs, help eliminate ‘swishing’ noise artifacts, improve RF signal to noise, and enhance reception of signals propagated through and around objects. *See product info and guarantee at:http://www.kaltmancreationsllc.com/rf-test-equipment-html/invisiblewaves-html/cpa-antenna-html/

The IWxCPA antennas are passive with a 60 degree beam-width and the pattern is circular polarized in the 470MHz to 960MHz range. For use with In-Ear-Monitor transmitters, IWxCPA has a maximum input power rating of 3 Watts. The 10in x 10in x 1.3in, 2.5lbs antennas include swivel mic stand mounting capability (option truss mount available) and are painted theater black with a 50 Ohm low-loss BNC connection. The new IWxCPA antennas are sold in a 2-antenna package for only $499 or a single antenna for $290.

Terms

All prices in USD. Quote good for 30-Days.

Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).

Availability: Currently in-stock - Atlanta, Georgia.

Shipping: FedEx Ground USA Estimated cost $30, (Bill & Add to the credit card or on your shipper’s account).

Please feel free to call or email should you have any questions or wish to place an order.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark L. Kaltman

President

Kaltman Creations LLC

651 Amberton Crossing

Suwanee, Georgia 30024 USA

Tel: 678-714-2000

Fax: 678-714-2092

Email: mark@kaltmancreationsllc.com

I wrote Mark back at Kaltman Creations and sent him a link to this thread. He just gave me a call and offered to let me demo a pair of the CP Antennas. I will try to do the testing with Mike Clark and maybe Todd Weaver if his schedule is free and anyone else in the Atlanta sound group that wants to join. I hope to test these after the 1st of the year and just after the Holiday season. I'll report back then.

Mark told me that these antennas are becoming very popular in live sound and are performing much better than the paddle/shark fin style. Looking forward to trying them out.

Cheers,

Whit

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this thread I found out about the CP antenna.

Eagerly awaiting for Whit's update.

A true test of an antenna is definitely when we're doing tracking shots.

I had one shot before where I was in a van behind the car that the camera was in.

I was getting drop outs when I place the antenna outside the van I am in.

Strangely I get better reception holding the antenna inside the van just behind the windshield.

Could it be that it was the wind blowing to the fin making it unstable (flapping left and right, not much though - perhaps 5 degree? This was a CIT sharkfin antenna) thus affecting the signal?

Could it be that it was the wind blowing to the fin making it unstable (flapping left and right, not much though - perhaps 5 degree? This was a CIT sharkfin antenna) thus affecting the signal?

Low gain antennas like the sharkfins are not that directional.

Your radiation pattern is probably very similar to this.

5el_Yagi-Uda.png