New microphones levalier

sergiofucchi

While waiting to change my system of radio microphones Sehnneiser EW-100 G3, I'd buy four DPA 4060 microphones for use with my transmitters Sehnneiser waiting to have enough money to buy a Lectrosonics system. My intention is to buy microphones in black, although I see there are three other colors.

Sergio.

While waiting to change my system of radio microphones Sehnneiser EW-100 G3, I'd buy four DPA 4060 microphones for use with my transmitters Sehnneiser waiting to have enough money to buy a Lectrosonics system. My intention is to buy microphones in black, although I see there are three other colors.

Sergio.

Is there a question regarding this?

Oh man, Sergio. Hurry up swapping those mics. You'll be SO GLAD you did !

IMO, everyone considering G3s should be including a $500 increase in budget to include some good lavs *from the start*.

For color, I'd take three blacks and a grey as a starting point. White's got the same disadvantages as the black in some way: with semi-transparent fabrics, it shows as much as black on skin or on a contrasty underlayer, hence the gray that could be thought as ''mid-way'' between black and white...

If you have money for 4 dpa's I would recommend what Jon said and buy a variety. Even if you want 3 of the same, having something you can swap to for size will be helpful.

There are also many times I don't like how one lavalier mic sounds on a person, whether it's clothing or voice, you could swap it out for something else that has quality.

It is a no brainer. The DPAs for a natural open sound IMHO are in a different league to any other lavalier that I have heard. I have 18 DPAs in the bag, a couple of B6 and three Cos-11. The B6 and Cos-11 mics come out once in a blue moon. Generally you will find a way of hiding the DPAs rather than compromise on your audio and use an alternative. Having said that, if you are using ME2 mics, almost anything will be an improvement - the Audio Technica MT350B is inexpensive and not at all bad.

" It is a no brainer. "

I thought you just bought a bunch of Lectro stuff...

" I decided to change my set of radio microphones. I chose to buy the Lectrosonics and I have your opinion on the matter,

I chose these:

- 8 SMQV;

- 2 HM;

- 2 LTQUADPACK;

- 4 SRA/E01.

- 8 mics levalier DPA 4060 (black). "

" My intention is to buy microphones in black, although I see there are three other colors. "

these are individual, personal decisions you'll need to make depending on your situation.

" It is a no brainer. "

I thought you just bought a bunch of Lectro stuff...

" I decided to change my set of radio microphones. I chose to buy the Lectrosonics and I have your opinion on the matter,

I chose these:

- 8 SMQV;

- 2 HM;

- 2 LTQUADPACK;

- 4 SRA/E01.

- 8 mics levalier DPA 4060 (black). "

" My intention is to buy microphones in black, although I see there are three other colors. "

these are individual, personal decisions you'll need to make depending on your situation.

That is my intention. But for the moment I do a gradual upgrade and I think to start with the microphones. In fact, part of my budget I'm also investing in video equipment.

Sergio.

My intention would be to create a group of people with different skills in the film industry to be put at the service of all those who would like to make movies, long or short they are.

In Italy, in fact, usually the picture is very organized, as well as the dialogue or post-production audio and video.

But the location sound is usually bad or little more because there is not a lot of culture between the videomaker about this. Obviously I'm talking about low-cost production.