SWIT NP1 Batteries

Plunkett Sound

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with SWIT NP1 batteries.

http://www.swit-battery.com/EN/product.aspx?id=58

They are considerably cheaper than Hawkwoods but I've been told they're very good. And they work with Hawkwoods NP adapters, which is very important. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 Switronix NP L60 batteries and have been happy with them for the last year and a half. I don't have the Hawkwoods NP adapter so I can't comment of their compatibility.

I also bought two wall chargers for about $44 each, which is a considerable savings over many of the NP1 chargers out there. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/729800-REG/Switronix_PB70C_PB70C_PowerBase_Charger.html

Marc

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with SWIT NP1 batteries.

http://www.swit-battery.com/EN/product.aspx?id=58

They are considerably cheaper than Hawkwoods but I've been told they're very good. And they work with Hawkwoods NP adapters, which is very important. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

u

I bought two and if I'm brutally honest they aren't as good as the Hawk Woods ones in that they don't last as long from a full charge.

A much better option are the ones from the uk company DSM based at Haydock near Liverpool.

Malcolm Davies. A..m.p.s.'

Hi, and welcome...

" They are considerably cheaper than... "

and the rule is: Generally speaking, you get what you pay for.

I should have known those words would be repeated back to me! Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming.

By the way: Marc, you're thinking of something else. This company is SWIT. Switronix is a different company.

Hi, and welcome...

" They are considerably cheaper than... "

and the rule is: Generally speaking, you get what you pay for.

Agreed.

I've personally used them for 6yrs. They work fine. Only problem is the LED power indicator strip has failed on 2 of 6 of them - so I don't know charge state - just need to keep an eye on the watch......! A single 73Wh will run my SQN and 4 radios for an 8hr day if I switch off often. For me, they were approx 50% cheaper than Hawk Woods/IDX etc...

However my 788T/Deva EATS them. If you're running one of those units - then a more expensive brand may be a better long term investment. I'd guess the 73Wh lasts 2hrs with 8 channels up on 788T ?

suggest you buy one SWIT and hire a Hawk Woods /IDX and do a comparison test on your day off.

Malcolm, I've never used DSM batteries, their website is so bad it puts me off them, are they worth a shot?

Jon!

Definitely worth buying. I met the guy at BVE North and had a long chat with him. A colleague of mine (John Rodda) features in the DSM advertising and John swears by them. They are about £184 each but you should be able to get them discounted to under £90.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s.