Chasing down IFB's

Michael Miramontes

I always worry that al the comteks won't come back, but some how they alwasy do. I like the shoe tree idea, I'm going to have to look into that. I usually just hook them on the back of all the director chairs in video village.

Label lab makes all kinds labels, including metalic ones.

@HoldTheRoll All the shoe trees I found were for a lot of spots, and/or they were kind of big. If you only have 6 or less Comteks,

I got something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Maytex-Mesh-Shower-Organizer-White/dp/B003PGQHRG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355095893&sr=8-5&keywords=shower+organizer

I rigged up a little bar with a mic stand clamp that I could put on a c-stand (with the monitor) or find somewhere to attach it. Usually I use a lightweight light stand I have so we can put it wherever we want, and doesn't mess with the monitor.

• 1 month later...

yeah, if they pan out, the initial batch is $15/tag. That would only get cheaper in time. Heck, if you have a really careless director or producer that always leaves their IFB in weird places, you could even tag a few of your receivers with these and put that person's name on it. I find that Director's LOVE having a comtek with a "director" name tag on it. They will always grab it. 

Side note: I started doing that so there was always one for the Director and one for Scriptie.... beyond that I wasn't usually *too* concerned who else grabs them, but as long as those two are covered. There were always those random days that investors showed up with their kids or something. 

I'm surprised the zaxcom ifb units don't do this!

ERX2 can do this. We can tell the ERX to transmitt a signal that could be picked up by another ERX. Range would be about 30ft.

So yes we can. No hardware modifications would be required. The signal meter on the ERX can help you Zero in on the lost ERX.

If there are enough people who want it we can find some time to put it in.

Glenn

Glenn, this is a cross posting, I see you are online. I'm Dealing with updating issues. Went in to Trew Toronto today, (great people) updating my Erx's and trx, Jeremy at Trew called the zaxcom office to confirm a technical particularity, my trx came in for service last spring and was updated with 7-30. We spoke with Colleen, who confirmed with Howy, Howy said there was no real difference

Between the new 7-30m and the other. 7-90 something or other. Unable to get that one due to never having 7-31. Going through the menu I see no options for configuring the new features. Are they in factory menu?

To boil down the question; can v.7-30m support the ifb timecode/audio transmit feature?

• 1 month later...

You've got to somehow get a name to each unit.  As a utility, i make time to personally introduce myself to the user/ATL type.  It's a great way to get yourself on their radar and to learn the name of the people you work for.  At the end of the day your just trying to assign responsibility so you can at least solve the mystery so you can get the search motivated by people who will be paying.