which pelican case?

jwill

I presently roll my 552 fully built (xlrs hirose and xlr jumpers) in a Pelican 1620, I carry a full ENG set up...3 extra xlrs 2 ecm 77s and the 416 in a rycote shock mount and softie detached a versaflex harness and 1'4'" collapsed boompole goes to 6' 9". My question is how do fellow JW Soundie roll to the job? I use the case as a platform when doimg live shots, is there anything a little smaller from Pelican tht any of you utilize? i also utilize a portabrace run bag on black the 2nd largest ! JHW

Race, I have the porta brace interior for my 1620, what is your interior? I also have the 1650 and will roll in that for corp jobs, a mini c stand, matthews knuckles, boom pole holders, sand bags, 2 boom poles andd the cables/turnarounds, splitters...its and easy 80lbs. For ENG/sports the 1620 and run bag seem to work fine. I like to leave the mixer fully dressed with pig tails, wireless boom and hirose all plugged in, so all I have to do is pull out mixer mount shockmount and 416 and build and tune wireless build the handmike! JHW

The interior is just open, foam bottom and eggcrate top, no dividers. That PA1003 on the other thread/link is great, but expensive. Dare I say I wish I had a case that was a few inches longer...

I'm not sure if I'd regret it, but I'm thinking that half the case in small dividers for all the pieces would work great, instead of having bags of stuff in the 1650.

Brian