Oscar Sound Tech

mjacomb

I agree, lots of threads about OST mics. However, it takes roughly the same amount of keystrokes and time to say " the search bar is located in the upper right " or "+1 i dont know how many oscar sound tech threads ive seen already" as it does to say "I use the TL-40's. Easy to hide, sound really good, affordable. Just buy a few!".

I've had no problem hiding the larger OST-801's, which are exactly the same size as Tram TR-50's. But I tend to use the Countryman B6's more, because they're even smaller and much more easy to hide, and I actually think their response is somewhat more pleasing. But they're also much, much more delicate, and may not be suitable for (say) rough & tumble documentaries.

...Those of you who have compared the two models have been a big help- which is precisely what I couldn't find by using the fabled search bar...

With all due respect...

...you're wrong. Do a little of your own work, and you'll find that the value of this site as a resource grows exponentially.

Best,

Fablemeister

• 7 months later...

" recommend productwise to try to bring it back to white? "

same as for Countryman's...

white-out aka liquid paper

BTW,  I consider Lav's as short term assets, somewhat expendable, in that they require periodic updating; If one begins to show W&T after multiple uses on a show/series, I update it... If one is ruined in some particular though otherwise proper use, L&D  applies...

Edited by studiomprd

The best thing about OST is you can by 3or 4 compared to 1 Sanken or Countryman b6. I reckon they sound pretty good. Mine got recently hired out on a Tour de France studio show.

I've had other soundies who work on live studio shows complement on how good they sound, those guys usually use tram or Sennheiser mke gold.

Btw I use Sanken mounts, clips and pop filters on mine