Sennheiser ifb system opinions

vale

I use the sr300 IEM as a stereo transmitter from the cart with G3 IEMs with focus on either channel - L is for mix and R for boom op. I feed my slate mic into the R channel for boom op comms. I've found that heat shrink on the antenna helps keep them straight and protected. I also use 3M car paint protection film on all my IEMs to save them from scratches and drops. In fact I've put them as screen guards on most of my equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the sr300 IEM as a stereo transmitter from the cart with G3 IEMs with focus on either channel - L is for mix and R for boom op. I feed my slate mic into the R channel for boom op comms.

That's exactly how I do it. And whenever I have to move from the cart to the bag during the day, I have a small tx in there, set to the same frequency, so I don't even need to touch the receivers.

No, I don't have to change those settings. You have to set them to focus anyway (iirc), to work with the workflow you described. With the bag tx, both my boom op and the director and others hear the same mono mix.

In my bag I have the SKP2000. It's conpatible with the 100/300/500 series, but it does 50mW (in Europe) as opposed to only 30mW. The SK2000 would probably work just as well, but I had the SKP around already. But it can also be done with an SK100 tx, which is much cheaper, of course.

Europeans are limited by law to 50mW, however, Sennheiser Service UK are willing to enable the 100mW transmission power on 2000 series kit if you ask them nicely, pay a small fee, and give a heartfelt promise that you will only use it when overseas & legal. It's only £18 ($25USD) per unit so I imagine it's just a Firmware flash.

Perhaps service outlets in other European countries will do similar? Not that any of us would ever consider using the high power modes illegally...