Not another argument about gun control

Laurence

The IRA began as a terrorist organization ( as labeled by the British Government ), their political arm was Sinn Fein, which is now a political party in Ireland.

They are still a terrorist organization as labeled by the British and American governments (finally)

Sinn fein is a political party which was formed before the IRA was in existence but in later years had leading members of the IRA as its political leaders. they are separate entities but both organizations are not state backed.

Sinn Fein is a political party in the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland two desperate countries.

If you're going to make statements of fact please insure that they are correct

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? What semi-auto handguns don't use a magazine? Standard magazine capacity in a 9mm is 10-13 rounds depending on the length of the hand grip.

Eric

Exactly my point.

Just saw the police report. Most victims were shot with an AR-15 that was outfitted with high capacity magazines.

Really? This shit should not be available to the public. Period.

The fact is those guns were harmless up until the point of being in the hands of someone irresponsible.

WTF!!!

Seriously. That is your argument?

I guess we should let everyone have nuclear arms and RPG access as well.

He'll, why not let anyone have hand grenades and tanks?

Magazine capacity is a strawman argument at best.

If I have 10 10-round magazines, I have the exact same number of bullets, and I can change a magazine in under a second.

It comes back to the person.

You take a gun out of their hand, they'll use a knife. Take the knife away, they'll us a bat.

IMO, the efforts would be better served determining what conditioning makes people think it's a good idea to go shoot people in the first place.

Exactly why they outlawed magazine fed guns in the UK.

And the knife and bat example are preferred.

Feel free to post some examples where mass murder was committed within a time span of a of minutes using a baseball bat or a knife.

If you're going to make statements of fact please insure that they are correct

The association between Sinn Fein and the IRA has been an accepted fact; hard and soft power working in tandem (with common members between the two) to achieve a political goal. Let me clearly state that I did not mean that the IRA is currently a state backed organization.

Exactly why they outlawed magazine fed guns in the UK.

And the knife and bat example are preferred.

Feel free to post some examples where mass murder was committed within a time span of a of minutes using a baseball bat or a knife.

Seek and you shall find

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre#section_1

My civility towards anyone who still wants to push the " guns don't kill people, people kill people" line of bullshit, is non-existent after these recent events. As is my patience about their blathering on about their 2nd amendment rights.

Your opinions and pronouncements have been duley noted. Is your statement above your way of leaving this thread?

Eric

" he wouldn't have had the ability to get them. "

" Adam Lanza, 20, went to a Dick's Sporting Goods store in Danbury, Conn., on Tuesday to buy the weapon, but was turned down because he didn't want to undergo a background check or abide by the state's waiting period for gun sales, the officials said. " even so: "officials said he had four handguns on him as he stormed the 600-student school and shot his victims "

" What part of complete speculation and showing endless photos of grieving people with a somber piano soundtrack constitutes news? "

often incorrect speculation, too...

" We don't know the details of what happened in Connecticut, what kind of weapons exactly were used, and we don't know how they were bought or if there were background checks or a history of mental illness.

But already there is something that seems to set this particular tragedy - the second gun rampage in a week - apart from some of the other recent tragedies. Dead young children."

" The constitution basically states that people who belong to a state militia can have guns in defense of there state and/or country "

no it doesn't, and the courts have ruled on that!

" So, using cities or states with tough gun laws as a yard stick to the effectiveness of gun control is pointless. "

pointless ? I don't think so... New York City, Washington DC, Chicago IL ???

only point is it isn't about the gun laws, it is about the mental cases and career criminals who are in possession of them when they ought not be! " The fact is ... guns were harmless up until the point of being in the hands of someone irresponsible. "

" this simple fact... Anybody against gun control, and who will lobby against it, is responsible for all of these mass murders. Own it. Accept it. . "

it is your opinion, it is your belief, but it is not accepted as a fact.

" their blathering on about their 2nd amendment rights. "

aren't you glad that you have a right to your opinion, and a right to express it..? there are people who want to restrict, remove or limit our (yours and mine) rights... some of them have theirs in a different priority order...

" It comes back to the person... You take a gun out of their hand, they'll use a knife. Take the knife away, they'll us a bat. "

Terrorists took out >3k people with box cutters as few years back...

" This shit should not be available to the public. Period. "

and just exactly why do the police need them??

Edited by studiomprd

The fact is ... guns were harmless up until the point of being in the hands of someone irresponsible. "

it is your opinion, it is your belief, but it is not accepted as a fact.

I stand by the assertion that a gun, by itself, is still a harmless piece of metal until placed in the hands of someone with bad intent.

And, sure. If you want to be pedantic about it, responsible owners sometimes have accidents as well.

The difference is there is rarely malice involved.

I stand by the assertion that a gun, by itself, is still a harmless piece of metal until placed in the hands of someone with bad intent.

And, sure. If you want to be pedantic about it, responsible owners sometimes have accidents as well.

The difference is there is rarely malice involved.

Dick Cheney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsqL81Etxg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There is not a single reason for anyone to own an AR-15.

There is absolutely no reason anyone needs to own any semi-automatic weapon.

You can still maintain the 2nd amendment rule, while at the same time limiting what type of guns people may own.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say WHAT kind of gun you are allowed to own.

Just like some cars aren't street legal, the same should be done with guns.

So, hand grenades aren't dangerous.

Fireworks aren't dangerous.

Nitro glycerine isn't dangerous.

Dynamite isn't dangerous.

Why can't I just walk into a store and buy any of the above?

As soon as you and you ilk realize that that's wrong, useful dialogue will likely ensue.

As soon as you and you ilk realize that that's wrong, useful dialogue will likely ensue.

Until gun to fanatics more Obsessed about holding on their toys admit that a gun is a dangerous weapon, it's obvious normal dialog is impossible.

Btw, if a gun is harmless, why don't you hand it, load, to a 5 year old, just see ow harmless it is.

Until gun to fanatics more Obsessed about holding on their toys admit that a gun is a dangerous weapon, it's obvious normal dialog is impossible.

Btw, if a gun is harmless, why don't you hand it, load, to a 5 year old, just see ow harmless it is.

The same could be said for a paintball marker, it has the potential to be fatal

Would you hand one to a 5 year old?