How do you store your lavs?

enginufuk

Hi everyone,

I find myself keep changing the way I store my lavs in my pelican and can't find the perfect way to store them. Fast access, durable, space conscious....

If some of you feel like you have a satisfying solution, would you please share with me or perhaps upload a photo of your box, case, store space, etc... ?

Thank you in advance guys/girls!

Engin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.trewaudio...essory-Box.html

I wind my COS-11D mics over under, with the 5-Pin connector in the middle so it stores. Then all the different accessories just go in the different compartments.

[Edit] Damnit!

Hmmm nice box, you think you can two lavs in the big compartment?

I gave up on the individual boxes a while ago.

After going through some organizer boxes i finally settled on one I got from Home Depot.

Note, that I do also have a separate, much smaller organizer that has additional clips/windscreens that i will grab on occasion.

I've probably got close to 15 of those smaller organizer boxes the usual audio stores carry if anyone wants to make a bulk purchase!

post-146-0-57311500-1355795456_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much guys!

I have been using the white colored version of the one from the trew audio that's suggested. So far that has been the best as far as the small individual box solution.

The idea of divided plastic box is great too and I have been using one for my adapters, turnarounds, etc... served nicely for many years but I feel like, I'll be afraid thinking fragile/thin lav cables might get damaged between the lid and the container if I am on rush (which is mostly!) But I'll stop by and look into the one from home depot!

Once again thank you very much for your valuable input!

Engin

adebabyq.jpgahahumyz.jpgvubu5avu.jpgteju3y3e.jpgytevuhuv.jpg

The capsul cases are great. I get them from the mountain equipment co-op in Vancouver. Pretty cheap maybe $5 or 6 bucks. The Plano cases are for fly fishing and I've found them at various stores. Cdn tire, Walmart, and some local fishing stores. They run anywhere from $6 to 12. The capsul cases are very narrow and light and last a long time. The Plano ones can break with one drop on the wrong spot. I've switched from the Plano cases to the capsuls this year.

Graham

I use a pencil like case that came with a lowpro on set bag I had years ago. Got rid of the bag in favour of a back pack, the pencil case has remained a good friend. One side is black the other see through. Length ways it is split into two compartments each zippered. One compartment I store half a dozen or so lavs and my lav bullet. Could easily fit more. I use a bit of wire cable tie found on most computer cables or bread packets to keep the Lavs in neat circles. The other compartment I store a whole bunch of stuff, Koala and rycote fluffies, RM11s, pre cut schools, media wipes, etc, you know the help get me out of trouble stuff needed quick at hand.

For a while I was using small pelican cases, but found the extra protection wasn't worth the weight/bulk. I use something very similar to the Trew accessory box, and just ordered a few of these to see if they fit in the equation somewhere:

22331068i_01.jpg

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/storage/general-storage-bins-totes/product-prod3490212

B6's 2-3 per pouch, wrapped ' over under', lanyard snaked around in a coil. Same for Sankens, Trams, VTs, OST's, but stored in the Trew Audio/PSS type case mentioned above.

I suppose the container isn't as important as the fact they are neatly wrapped and never pinched in a tight fitting lid. The TA mini tackle box type container is nice in that you are only opening one little door, for whatever accessory you need. It's a definite plus, when fumbling around on fast paced gigs.