Did you get/give anything cool for Christmas?

Todd Weaver

Santa was very good to me... 788T, CL-8 CL-9 a new cart and a bunch of goodies to get it all together.... He's been delivering for a few days now... More to come tomorrow the card read.... Merry Xmas.... Very Very nice Xmas.... hope to have it all ready to rock by Jan. 2nd.... back to work...

As for giving.... it was a blast... tried to take care of everyone in my world... hope I spread some happiness...

Steve from Location Sound called me with the news that my number was up for a 664, so that was a great Xmas gift. Still going through the manual and learning all the settings.

However, I was able to give my wife a wonderful early birthday gift (which is in mid-January) yesterday, when I found out Jane Goodall would host a special event this Friday, and I got her a ticket to attend.

She's always been a great fan of Ms Goodall, and when I gave her the freshly printed ticket it actually brought her to tears, which definitely made my year.

BK

My hipster daughter and her friends collect old cassettes--gotten free at yard sales, found in dumpsters etc, and she wore out the old cassette blaster she got from the Goodwill. I offered to buy her a new one, but she didn't want to take it back to LA on the plane, so I made the "stand in" blaster below to have something to present on Christmas Morning. Meanwhile I've discovered a couple of cool devices that either hook a cassette transport up to an iPhone (that one seems to be out of stock everywhere) and another that is a stand alone cassette to MP3 convertor/recorder. But, I pointed out, she'd lose all that vintage (and ironic) media (and have to enter all the song titles manually).

philp

post-17-0-11004900-1357071396_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sharp 60 inch TV with a Mac Mini for use as a media center...

The Nebraska-Georgia game is lookin' REAL good (aside from the score so far). :)

Okay. I used to have a decent 50 inch Sony Wega DLP TV. Now, with the bigger, sharper Sharp LED set I am noticing all sorts of bad shadows, crappy lighting and jiggle cam in TV shows and movies that I just never saw before. It's almost too sharp. Argh!

Google Nexus 10 tablet. I'm loving it. My oldest son (11) got a Nintendo 3DSxl. What I find interesting is that he doesn't spend much time playing games on it. It has a built in 3D camera (not very good quality), but it has built in software so you can make your own stop motion videos with it. It's so cool to see all the videos he's made and how he has learned to make better ones. The latest ones are actually impressing me. Now I just have to figure out how to get the videos off the thing and into my computer so we can put VO on them and sound effects.

Google Nexus 10 tablet. I'm loving it. My oldest son (11) got a Nintendo 3DSxl. What I find interesting is that he doesn't spend much time playing games on it. It has a built in 3D camera (not very good quality), but it has built in software so you can make your own stop motion videos with it. It's so cool to see all the videos he's made and how he has learned to make better ones. The latest ones are actually impressing me. Now I just have to figure out how to get the videos off the thing and into my computer so we can put VO on them and sound effects.

Lucky guy I am still waiting for Google to put another batch on sale in the UK