Les Misérables - An amazing achievement

Den Nic

I just saw Les Misérables and it was phenominal. I congratulate Simon Hayes (AMPS) and his sound team for the amazing production sound in the movie, without which the brillant performaces and music heard in the movie would not be possible. Congratulations of course go to all involved in making the film, but the sound team deserves special praise to what they gave to that movie! If you work in production sound, you definitely need to see the movie :)

Thank you so much for this post,it makes the extremely tough shoot all worthwhile to hear such positive posts.

And thank you to all the Production Sound Teams (U.S. and UK) whose workflows and ideas inspired me when i was

planning how to record Les Mis.

I 'borrowed' every good idea available.

I am still indebted to Professionals like Jeff Wexler,Howie and Glen at Zaxcom and everyone who pushed for Movie Sound Mixing

to move into the non-linear multi track domain.

This project would not have been possible on 2 tracks,and because of the time constraints and difficult locations wouldn't have been possible with a big music industry multi track truck either (mountain ranges,docks etc etc).

Simon