Main diff between UCR401 and UCR411a

TheAudioSynthesist

Thanks guys. I knew about the batteries and the removable antennas. What is "tracking front end"?

From the Lectrosonics tearsheet for the 411a receiver, which you can download on their website:

The front-end consists of four transmission line resonators with variable capacitance applied to each resonator to retune it as the frequency is changed. The tuning range covers a full 25.6 MHz block of frequencies. The design provides tunable, narrow filtering as selective as most fixed frequency designs, with the overload performance of the best front-ends available. The result is extended operating range in even the most congested RF environment.

Best regards,

Jim

What's the difference? I was gonna say... $445!

UCR401a: $1260

UCR411a: $1705. (Rough current street prices.)

I'd say the 401 is intended more for ENG/doco use, used on the back of a camera as a hop. The 411 is intended more for bag use. And yet... I've sometimes seen each used for the other purpose sometimes. Anything can work, depending on distance, RFI, specific frequencies, and so on.

The bottom line: I think the 411 is worth the extra money, and does provide better performance, especially in difficult RF areas.