Setiquette: Wardrobe & Sound

syncsound

As a few of the other mixers here have pointed out, it is definitely a team effort. Wardrobe, props (necklaces), and makeup are all involved in this process. On "Necessary Roughness", last season, the makeup department kept spraying our actors down to keep sweat continuity. fortunately for us, most of the time they covered our mics before spraying. I've heard some shows have lost mics because of an overzealous sprayer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" It was television (high page count), and apparently exposing the actor's neck was a last minute decision. "

so ?? and so ??

if she had been involved when you hid the mic, she would have known it was there....

but the production covered it (L&D), right ?

Production covered it. Wardrobe was present when we were micing talent. She was not paying attention to my technique. She was only concerned that the mic wasn't reading.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to apologize to "syncsound" for the unfortunate turn his topic/thread has taken, and my involvement in that.

No apologies necessary. I wrote the blog to be over the top, to communicate my opinion in an entertaining way. While I never anticipated this level of discourse, I'm pleased to see such a passionate discussion. Clearly we're all pros who care about what we do, and we should all take pride in that.

You weenies.

>:D